Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hypocrisy.

There is no difference.

If I refused to do something then demanded you to do it what would that make me?

You can't just say "there is no difference" whilst ignoring the obvious financial implications associated with both.

Koeman is right when he says that Barkley not signing a new contract creates instability for the club and means that we need to seriously consider selling him now rather than losing millions down the line.

That is why players do not sign 1 year rolling contracts in the same manner managers might.

The scenario of the club taking a huge financial hit doesn't apply with manager's contracts.

Or the other side is, the club have left it until the last year of his current deal, he doesn't like Koeman, his best mates have left for top clubs, he's got Spurs etc making enquiries

Either story has weight, just depends on what you believe

Thought he was a top blue though. A player not associated with Everton I'd understand, not a so called top fan.

He hasn't even had the decency to tell the club his plans; hes leaving them in a situation which will force their hand. Even Lukaku told the club he won't be signing, at least you can plan for that

I think Koeman has been fair with Ross this season.

Ross has bags of talent but has never really performed consistently as he should - why are players so insecure about their manager trying to push them to realise their talent?

There have been plenty of seasons when Koeman has been publicly very complimentary of Ross when he has performed, and moments when he has been critical when he hasn't.
If he was even handed you might have a point. Koeman doesn't chew Baines or Jagielka or Stekelenburg out for their mistakes in public.

Treat everyone the same or keep your grid shut is the advice I'd give the Dutchman.

It's just been bullying tactics. Plain and simple. And like any bully the world over he picks his targets carefully

An act of immense stupidity would be leave it till the end of the window while you negotiate. His price drops, we miss out on money, power is well and truly in the players hands.

Start looking at it from the clubs perspective and not your Agenda against koeman. We know you don't rate koeman, and that's fine..... crack on with that in the koeman thread. But RK is the clubs front when getting asked questions about Barkley. I have no doubt this is coming from the business angle of the club as he's not worth offering more money to as a player as the club see it.
We don't know what's going on. Maybe he's been offered £150k pw and still wownt sign as he wants to go. Better go now than lose him for nothing. This has probably been getting negotiated for months and the club may have reached their walkaway point.

Forget about koeman for one post. If the club have reached their final offer of negotiation, what should they now do? Sell now or lose him for nothing? They are the only 2 choices that you can respond with in the scenario I have painted (which may or may not be the case - but the one I am proposing and imo believe to be the case).

Which choice do you make?

He's devalued him right now, that's the point. He's made him damaged goods. We had all this summer to get a contract signed or sell him on for a decent fee.

If he was even handed you might have a point. Koeman doesn't chew Baines or Jagielka or Stekelenburg out for their mistakes in public.

Treat everyone the same or keep your grid shut is the advice I'd give the Dutchman.

It's just been bullying tactics. Plain and simple. And like any bully the world over he picks his targets carefully

You mean like dropping both Jagielka and Stek for long periods. That's more public than anything.

And those 2 aren't the subject of questions from the press. Context; he gets asked questions and he answers them, truthfully

No one who arrogantly turns down in excess of 70 grand a week off everton, after purporting for years to be some kind of super blue, is no Evertonian at all.

If this is true, then he should be ashamed.

But all of those players have been dropped this season, the only difference is none of them are running their deals down

You can't just say "there is no difference" whilst ignoring the obvious financial implications associated with both.

Koeman is right when he says that Barkley not signing a new contract creates instability for the club and means that we need to seriously consider selling him now rather than losing millions down the line.

That scenario doesn't apply with manager's contracts.

Agreed. But why make it public? That's the problem.

Moyes did it with Lescott and Martinez did it with Stones in fighting hard to keep them, with us still making bank on both players.

With Rom and Ross he's just gone - "not arsed, it's up to the player, I've got a job to do" Which is fine. I just don't see it being a great bargaining chip.

Uh........Dave. If we negotiate till the window closes he leaves for a free or nominal in January because the transfer window is closed. :thinking:
Only to clubs abroad.

We have all summer to negotiate. It was denied us by this manager.

He's devalued him right now, that's the point. He's made him damaged goods. We had all this summer to get a contract signed or sell him on for a decent fee.

Yeah this is the confusing issue for me. We've basically hung a "for sale cheap" sign on him for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

The ball was in our court to get a good fee for him if we kept things behind closed doors and didn't have the manager be a loudmouth massive hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back