Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, there's a chance it could be true and a chance it's not. Either way Ross has a very lucrative deal in front of him which is going to let him continue a fortunate lifestyle that none of us will ever experience.

But that's not good enough for him. Like I said, where's the loyalty
It could be between £70K and £150K.

Let's just stick a pin somewhere in between those two points, because that's what anyone off this forum knows about the truth of it.

Repost....

Compare and contrast:

Koeman on Barkley...

“I think it’s his responsibility and the responsibility also of his agent to say yes or no because that’s what the club needs to know because we can’t wait until the last moment, it’s not good for the player and it’s not good for the club. We have offered him a contract, they had several meetings about a new contract and this is contract, we don’t go and go and go. This is what he needs to sign if he wants to stay.”

Koeman on himself...

"If the club likes to talk they will come and I will see," said Koeman. "I won't knock on their door. When I worked in Feyenoord I signed three times a one-year contract and we spoke in January. There's time enough. Why one year before? We can wait, no problem. We can wait."

“My first option was to continue at Southampton, to do my last season of contract, but it was not possible,” said Koeman.They said it’s not good because we like to know the future. I said it was not a problem because I signed three times a one-year contract with Feyenoord in Holland.
Managers running down their contracts don't result in tens of millions lost from a transfer fee.

It's hardly comparable.

Why, there's a chance it could be true and a chance it's not. Either way Ross has a very lucrative deal in front of him which is going to let him continue a fortunate lifestyle that none of us will ever experience.

But that's not good enough for him. Like I said, where's the loyalty

Which lest be honest here, if he starts pulling up trees in the next 18 months, will probably get an improved contract off the club anyway.

He is basically as an Evertonian, turning his back on Everton if he does not sign.

The difference is, a player contract is a very valuable asset of the club, unlike a manager's contract.

If you let a manager enter into the last 12 months of his contract, there's a chance he may go and manage elsewhere at the end of it. If you let a player of Barkley's calibre enter into the last 12 months of his contract, there is a chance the club could lose upwards of £15m-20m.
Its hypocrisy.

There is no difference.

If I refused to do something then demanded you to do it what would that make me?

Managers running down their contracts don't result in tens of millions lost from a transfer fee.

It's hardly comparable.
It's not about money it's about credibility. There is no credibility for a manager to demand of a player what he himself refused to do less than 12 months ago.

Which lest be honest here, if he starts pulling up trees in the next 18 months, will probably get an improved contract off the club anyway.

He is basically as an Evertonian, turning his back on Everton if he does not sign.

That's exactly it. Started scoring goals like Alli or creating like Eriksen and there'd be a massive improvement on the table. But a pay rise he deems not good enough

...amongst all the rest of the season's running commentary about his life on and off the pitch.

I think Koeman has been fair with Ross this season.

Ross has bags of talent but has never really performed consistently as he should - why are players so insecure about their manager trying to push them to realise their talent?

There have been plenty of seasons when Koeman has been publicly very complimentary of Ross when he has performed, and moments when he has been critical when he hasn't.

Negotiate until the end of the window then make a choice.

It's THAT blindingly obvious.

What you dont do is issue a numb nuts statement about him being finished here next week if he doesn't respond to the gun at his head.

There's no justifying an act of immense stupidity, and that's what this current manager has done. I can only hope he's a loose canning just shooting his mouth off again rather than this being the policy of the club itself.

An act of immense stupidity would be leave it till the end of the window while you negotiate. His price drops, we miss out on money, power is well and truly in the players hands.

Start looking at it from the clubs perspective and not your Agenda against koeman. We know you don't rate koeman, and that's fine..... crack on with that in the koeman thread. But RK is the clubs front when getting asked questions about Barkley. I have no doubt this is coming from the business angle of the club as he's not worth offering more money to as a player as the club see it.
We don't know what's going on. Maybe he's been offered £150k pw and still wownt sign as he wants to go. Better go now than lose him for nothing. This has probably been getting negotiated for months and the club may have reached their walkaway point.

Forget about koeman for one post. If the club have reached their final offer of negotiation, what should they now do? Sell now or lose him for nothing? They are the only 2 choices that you can respond with in the scenario I have painted (which may or may not be the case - but the one I am proposing and imo believe to be the case).

Which choice do you make?

Ross Barkley and Everton do. Either way, he'll be getting a pay rise with this contract but it's not good enough for him. Pretty sad for a top blue

Or the other side is, the club have left it until the last year of his current deal, he doesn't like Koeman, his best mates have left for top clubs, he's got Spurs etc making enquiries

Either story has weight, just depends on what you believe

Negotiate until the end of the window then make a choice.

It's THAT blindingly obvious.

What you dont do is issue a numb nuts statement about him being finished here next week if he doesn't respond to the gun at his head.

There's no justifying an act of immense stupidity, and that's what this current manager has done. I can only hope he's a loose canning just shooting his mouth off again rather than this being the policy of the club itself.

Uh........Dave. If we negotiate till the window closes he leaves for a free or nominal in January because the transfer window is closed. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back