Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no "next move"...I think that's what an ultimatum means. doesn't it? You start throwing them around and you dont get the chance for "next moves".

So what should Everton do rather than what they have done? You can't force the lad to sign and we shouldn't offer him what they don't think he is worth, so what should they do?
- ultimatum (sign or sell)
- lose him for nothing and miss out on multi millions

They are the only 2 choices for the club at this time. What would you do as an owner of your company?

Koeman's won nothing of note...and indeed nothing AT ALL in the last decade.

...and yes, Martinez won the FA Cup two months before joining Everton.

I know you're probably just trolling, but do you actually think that one FA Cup (in which the club were relegated in the same season) is more note worthy than 3 x Eredivise titles and a Copa Del Ray?

I'm not saying Koeman is Jose Mourinho or anything but come on Dave.

Again, which managers hang around? Pretty sure the average tenure is less than 2 seasons. It's a transient role just like players. And anyhow, isn't a new squad what virtually everyone wants and knows we need....or is the billion page transfer thread a figment of my imagination.
It would be much easier if there was a "Koeman Out" thread so every other thread wouldn't get derailed by the same protagonists.

That's fine. You're clearly okay with a building job based on dodgy foundations.

I ain't.

Be a shame if he was to go but if that £150k per week is in anyway true....well let someone else pay it. Christ !! Ross isnt yet worth half that imo. A talented lad deffo, important for us to keep ? Sure ! But in no way irreplaceable and certainly not worth breaking the current top earner ceiling for.

That's fine. You're clearly okay with a building job based on dodgy foundations.

I ain't.

"Dodgy foundations"? I'm intrigued. What do you suggest it's built on....the same squad which has totally underachieved for 4-5 seasons and which bottles every single big game? You have to make change to deliver different outcomes.
For the record I'd love Ross and Rom to stay- but I understand it's their reluctance to sign contracts that's forcing the Clubs hand. If you prefer to rely on the romanticism that players love the Club and are being forced out then good luck with that, but be careful of building your foundations on that base.

[QUOTE="bring the ghost on, post: 5450458, member: 28378"]I know you're probably just trolling, but do you actually think that one FA Cup (in which the club were relegated in the same season) is more note worthy than 3 x Eredivise titles and a Copa Del Ray?

I'm not saying Koeman is Jose Mourinho or anything but come on Dave.[/QUOTE]

His fishing rod is doing a better job on this thread then Barkley will do in a Spurs shirt next season

So what should Everton do rather than what they have done? You can't force the lad to sign and we shouldn't offer him what they don't think he is worth, so what should they do?
- ultimatum (sign or sell)
- lose him for nothing and miss out on multi millions

They are the only 2 choices for the club at this time. What would you do as an owner of your company?
Negotiate until the end of the window then make a choice.

It's THAT blindingly obvious.

What you dont do is issue a numb nuts statement about him being finished here next week if he doesn't respond to the gun at his head.

There's no justifying an act of immense stupidity, and that's what this current manager has done. I can only hope he's a loose canning just shooting his mouth off again rather than this being the policy of the club itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back