Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best 3 players? Nonsense. I'm not even sure if Ross is one of our best 3 midfielders at the moment.
Any outside observer or player looking in would see Stones, Lukaku and Barkley departing as a massive vote of no confidence for what's shaping up here at Everton.

I loathe these developments in the past 12 months or so. The departure of players of this calibre by their own choice speaks volumes.

Moshiri wont spend out on the squad and is here only for the added value to his shares that a stadium (paid for by the club, not him) will give; and he's handed Koeman the sale of the primary assets of this squad to use for transfer fees and wages.

Anyone who doesn't see this con-trick need their heads feeling.

So, a manager of our Club should just sit around and let a player just ignore his contract in the hope of sloping off on a free to reap individual gold? Sorry Dave, it still reads about Koeman and not Ross with you. shame, as it spoils your contributions which are a big part of this forum.
It's what he did at Feyenoord, and what he demanded from Southampton.

Pot - kettle - black.

Not upset at all. It was a stab at people who don't think Koeman is putting a foot wrong.

I don't care much for who leaves, I care of the impact it has on the club.

We're going into next season with the need for up to 6 to 7 players to compete. And with a manager who to me is very flakey (he can take or leave us), it could be a worrying situation.

Again, which managers hang around? Pretty sure the average tenure is less than 2 seasons. It's a transient role just like players. And anyhow, isn't a new squad what virtually everyone wants and knows we need....or is the billion page transfer thread a figment of my imagination.
It would be much easier if there was a "Koeman Out" thread so every other thread wouldn't get derailed by the same protagonists.

You get the club you deserve I suppose.

Count me out of a hard nosed, confrontational owner-manager style. In any case, you only pull that trick off by having owners and managers with impeccable success. We have neither. An owner who's invested zip so far into this squad and a manager who hasn't won a 'kin bean for a decade.

Have we ever had a manager that has won something before coming to Everton? apart from Koeman that is because he has.

Have we ever had a manager that has won something before coming to Everton? apart from Koeman that is because he has.
Koeman's won nothing of note...and indeed nothing AT ALL in the last decade.

...and yes, Martinez won the FA Cup two months before joining Everton.

I am fortunate enough to have a little bit of insight into the Ross Barkley contract situation & can tell you the Club & Ross are literally poles apart in terms of what is willing to be paid & what the player wants.

He wants a long term £150Kpw deal & the board are giving him a straight no.

There is a sizeable deal on the table and it's up to the player whether he wants to commit. Yes, we've got a lot of money, but we aren't going to be strong armed by players & agents.

Rightly so too. Agent just doing his job I guess..

I'm starting to think you really do have an Orange for a head.

Barkley is obviously not letting the club know what's happening. If he refuses the contract that has been offered or keeping Schtum then if we don't sell him now we lose circa £25m. What do you want Everton to do? Koeman has said what he's said now - What would you like Everton to do as of tomorrow morning? Not what they shouldn't do or what has been said. What is Everton's next move in your eyes?
There is no "next move"...I think that's what an ultimatum means. doesn't it? You start throwing them around and you dont get the chance for "next moves".

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...igned-new-four-year-everton-deal-9637314.html

Remember these hollow words?

Now as a club he is very much nearer to achieving something with Everton as we are much better off as a club and much more stable than when he signed his last deal.

Looks very much to me like he does not want to stay and fight for his place, pull his socks up and work at being the player he could be.

Koeman has clearly stated it is completely in Barkleys court, so in a nutshell if he does not sign he is turning his back on the club for either financial reasons or because he wants to play in the CL.

Nothing wrong with ambition of course, just don't understand why he is getting cut so much slack. Lukaku I can understand, he isn't one of us, this Barkley thing baffles me.

That article was written under Martinez's sugar-coated management mate. Perhaps the issue is that he doesnt get on with Koeman and his no-nonsense realism?

I am fortunate enough to have a little bit of insight into the Ross Barkley contract situation & can tell you the Club & Ross are literally poles apart in terms of what is willing to be paid & what the player wants.

He wants a long term £150Kpw deal & the board are giving him a straight no.

There is a sizeable deal on the table and it's up to the player whether he wants to commit. Yes, we've got a lot of money, but we aren't going to be strong armed by players & agents.

That's pathetic from Ross if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back