Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He clearly is being undervalued if we are offering £70k a week he will get £100k a week elsewhere which unfortunately is no longer a top wage in modern football.

We are supposedly offering siggurdsonn well over £100k clearly I don't know if this is all true however if it is & you can't see why he wants to go then there is no point discussing it anymore as it's clear as daylight the club are letting him leave.

He'd get over 100k at City or United. He wouldn't get it at Spurs or Arsenal.

He'd get over 100k at City or United. He wouldn't get it at Spurs or Arsenal.

Spurs fan I work with, who to be fair knows no more than any of us, reckons Spurs are seriously after him and would pay 100k a week with no problem. He reckons he'll be off to United though.

Thats part of my issue mate.

Look. We're talking about losing our 2 best young players as though its just another day at the office. Dont worry; Ronny and Stevie will sort it out.

But these are 2 trird and tested young players who we know can cut it in our league. Plus they're both still developing. Most of the suggested replacements are untested in our league and at the prices being mentioned are huge gambles. Plus theres no gyarantee any will want to come here. As you say with Tielemans.

I accept that no player us bigger than the club and am fully behind RK in the way he is handling things. What I dont get is peoples attitudes to losing our 2 best players.

I agree in principle mate, but at the end of the day, we've relied on the Barkley-Rom combo for four seasons now and it's not done anything special for us.

I'm not saying that's cos they aren't good players - quite the opposite is clearly the case - but sometimes, change can be a good thing for all involved.

IF they both leave,it'll be a blow, and Moshiri and co will have to step up and make sure we're stronger when the window ends, but this type of thing happens in football. If they (and in Barkley's case it's a bigger if than Lukaku's) they aren't convinced about staying - for whatever reason - then fine. Off you go.

With Ross, due to his contract running out, he'll have to be sold. Rom, we can afford to keep unless somebody meets his valuation.

Spurs fan I work with, who to be fair knows no more than any of us, reckons Spurs are seriously after him and would pay 100k a week with no problem. He reckons he'll be off to United though.

I reckon Spurs do want him mate, but not convinced they'd make him one of their joint-highest earners.

But said manager would drop us like a stone if a firm offer came in from a top club.

If the "project" isnt going like he wants it, he'll be off quicker than the players he's currently turfing out

Firstly, he is not "turfing out" players.....certainly not the two contract rebels you are referring too. They simply don't want to sign the current offers, or rather their agents don't. He is however "turfing out" top quality like Kone, Gibson, Cleverley etc....maybe that's what's upsetting you? At least understand the situation with regards to why Barkley and Lukaku's Everton futures are uncertain. I think you'll find the manager desperately wants both in his 11 next season.

Find me a manager who wouldn't. If the project was on track then the lure of even bigger ambitions would tempt virtually every manager. If it was not going to plan then they'd all want out or the fan base would chase them out. It's how football works. Look at the statistics for managers longevity at clubs in th epremiership and the average term of duty. There's a few obvious exceptions, none of which you can apply to most situations.....SAF, Wenger and Ginger Nuts himself. SAF was a serial winner at what some consider the biggest club in the World where he had absolute total control so absolutely zero chance of him having reason to leave. Arsene is Arsenal for life - no discussion required. And Moyes just hit the glass ceiling and moaned forever more before going elsewhere and failing spectacularly.
So, in answer to your comment, "what's new"? Managers like players leave clubs.

I reckon Spurs do want him mate, but not convinced they'd make him one of their joint-highest earners.

That's exactly what I said. This fella reckons they're going to have to improve contracts for a number of players to keep them though so Barkley on 100k for them wouldn't be in the top 5 earners by the end of the summer. As I said though, what does he know?

When I said survive I meant we won't suddenly drop to the relegation places like some people act like we will, we've lost so many of our top players over the last few decades and it never hits us that bad.

And fans will have to be patient, We've been starved of success for two decades, it is what it is, do they expect us to suddenly win the prem because we have a bit of dough, the wheels will still keep turning if rom and Ross leave and tbh I'm half excited to see what we might do with 100-150 mil spend
I agree mate. I think we will get there. I just think we'll get there much quicker if we can hold on to our best players and just add more quality where needed. Rather than having to rebuild all the time.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...igned-new-four-year-everton-deal-9637314.html

Remember these hollow words?

Now as a club he is very much nearer to achieving something with Everton as we are much better off as a club and much more stable than when he signed his last deal.

Looks very much to me like he does not want to stay and fight for his place, pull his socks up and work at being the player he could be.

Koeman has clearly stated it is completely in Barkleys court, so in a nutshell if he does not sign he is turning his back on the club for either financial reasons or because he wants to play in the CL.

Nothing wrong with ambition of course, just don't understand why he is getting cut so much slack. Lukaku I can understand, he isn't one of us, this Barkley thing baffles me.

I am fortunate enough to have a little bit of insight into the Ross Barkley contract situation & can tell you the Club & Ross are literally poles apart in terms of what is willing to be paid & what the player wants.

He wants a long term £150Kpw deal & the board are giving him a straight no.

There is a sizeable deal on the table and it's up to the player whether he wants to commit. Yes, we've got a lot of money, but we aren't going to be strong armed by players & agents.

Some news for you mate. This fabled "Everton way" is a load of poo.

"The Everton way" for the past 30 years has been to have our heads patted by the elite whilst we finish mid table. Whilst our board run by a supposed evertonian absolutely destroyed our club with his lies and financial mismanagement. Whilst the playing staff bottle every big game, 95 apart. To win 4 out 40 something derbies. To have our best players leave because "were only everton".

"The Everton Way" doesn't work and hasn't for a long time, and if the board and Rk want to deviate from it to put Ross Barkley under pressure then that's fine by me.
You get the club you deserve I suppose.

Count me out of a hard nosed, confrontational owner-manager style. In any case, you only pull that trick off by having owners and managers with impeccable success. We have neither. An owner who's invested zip so far into this squad and a manager who hasn't won a 'kin bean for a decade.

Firstly, he is not "turfing out" players.....certainly not the two contract rebels you are referring too. They simply don't want to sign the current offers, or rather their agents don't. He is however "turfing out" top quality like Kone, Gibson, Cleverley etc....maybe that's what's upsetting you? At least understand the situation with regards to why Barkley and Lukaku's Everton futures are uncertain. I think you'll find the manager desperately wants both in his 11 next season.

Find me a manager who wouldn't. If the project was on track then the lure of even bigger ambitions would tempt virtually every manager. If it was not going to plan then they'd all want out or the fan base would chase them out. It's how football works. Look at the statistics for managers longevity at clubs in th epremiership and the average term of duty. There's a few obvious exceptions, none of which you can apply to most situations.....SAF, Wenger and Ginger Nuts himself. SAF was a serial winner at what some consider the biggest club in the World where he had absolute total control so absolutely zero chance of him having reason to leave. Arsene is Arsenal for life - no discussion required. And Moyes just hit the glass ceiling and moaned forever more before going elsewhere and failing spectacularly.
So, in answer to your comment, "what's new"? Managers like players leave clubs.

Not upset at all. It was a stab at people who don't think Koeman is putting a foot wrong.

I don't care much for who leaves, I care of the impact it has on the club.

We're going into next season with the need for up to 6 to 7 players to compete. And with a manager who to me is very flakey (he can take or leave us), it could be a worrying situation.

I am fortunate enough to have a little bit of insight into the Ross Barkley contract situation & can tell you the Club & Ross are literally poles apart in terms of what is willing to be paid & what the player wants.

There is a sizeable deal on the table and it's up to the player whether he wants to commit. Yes, we've got a lot of money, but we aren't going to be strong armed by players & agents.
And rightly so, he's not worth 150kpw. Sounds like he's got someone in his ear giving him some pretty awful advice

We ain't gonna compete then. Simple as that.

But would rather go get paid less at a Spurs or Arsenal?

Don't buy it.

I dint think that's what's going on here. Koeman is reacting to events not being bold. Lukaku doesn't want to be here. He cant say too much about that though because he advised RL that his future lay elsewhere anyway; Barkley doesn't want to be here so he tries to get out in front of this story and hand ultimatums out...it;s a sign of weakness not strength. You dont hand out ultimatums if you are confident of your own game plan.

There is no strong man there. It's just a damaged ego lashing out.

So, a manager of our Club should just sit around and let a player just ignore his contract in the hope of sloping off on a free to reap individual gold? Sorry Dave, it still reads about Koeman and not Ross with you. shame, as it spoils your contributions which are a big part of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back