Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also got this silly idea in his head that if he plays for a bigger club he will get a start in the England team as well.

Stop chatting absolute wham.

If 70k a week ain't enough for a blue to play for Everton, then he's not blue at all.

I don't think this is about money tho. This is about Tottenham Hotspur, a greedy agent, and being tapped up.

He clearly is being undervalued if we are offering £70k a week he will get £100k a week elsewhere which unfortunately is no longer a top wage in modern football.

We are supposedly offering siggurdsonn well over £100k clearly I don't know if this is all true however if it is & you can't see why he wants to go then there is no point discussing it anymore as it's clear as daylight the club are letting him leave.

How do we know it 70k a week, I reckon it around 90k a week with bonus.
An extra 5k if we win
An extra 1k for assists
An extra 2k for goals

I haven't seen the highlights yet but someone mentioned that Ross normally kisses the badge after he's scored, but didn't do so last night. I also saw a comment someone made that has always been at the forefront of my mind since Mr Moshiri arrived:

"If Lukaku and Barkley leave they will be missing out on something great that's happening with this club."

Kids today want it all now, they're not prepared to wait.

I haven't seen the highlights yet but someone mentioned that Ross normally kisses the badge after he's scored, but didn't do so last night. I also saw a comment someone made that has always been at the forefront of my mind since Mr Moshiri arrived:

"If Lukaku and Barkley leave they will be missing out on something great that's happening with this club."

Don't know about kissing the badge tbh, any body language experts on here as there was a message in the celebration

He clearly is being undervalued if we are offering £70k a week he will get £100k a week elsewhere which unfortunately is no longer a top wage in modern football.

We are supposedly offering siggurdsonn well over £100k clearly I don't know if this is all true however if it is & you can't see why he wants to go then there is no point discussing it anymore as it's clear as daylight the club are letting him leave.

He's on 60k a week now mate no way the new offer will be less than 90k I would imagine.

I mentioned that in the match thread about his celebration, it seemed a bit off. I know there was nothing important at all riding on the match but I'm used to seeing him go mad when he scores much like Coleman and then he always holds up with badge, kisses the badge, thumps the badge on his chest, something like that at least but yesterday he just did a knee slide and a Lukaku-like head nod.

Tielemens is basically a Monaco player now
Thats part of my issue mate.

Look. We're talking about losing our 2 best young players as though its just another day at the office. Dont worry; Ronny and Stevie will sort it out.

But these are 2 trird and tested young players who we know can cut it in our league. Plus they're both still developing. Most of the suggested replacements are untested in our league and at the prices being mentioned are huge gambles. Plus theres no gyarantee any will want to come here. As you say with Tielemans.

I accept that no player us bigger than the club and am fully behind RK in the way he is handling things. What I dont get is peoples attitudes to losing our 2 best players.

Thats part of my issue mate.

Look. We're talking about losing our 2 best young players as though its just another day at the office. Dont worry; Ronny and Stevie will sort it out.

But these are 2 trird and tested young players who we know can cut it in our league. Plus they're both still developing. Most of the suggested replacements are untested in our league and at the prices being mentioned are huge gambles. Plus theres no gyarantee any will want to come here. As you say with Tielemans.

I accept that no player us bigger than the club and am fully behind RK in the way he is handling things. What I dont get is peoples attitudes to losing our 2 best players.
We've all seen good players come and go, and we always survive, usually we actually thrive

I
We've all seen good players come and go, and we always survive, usually we actually thrive
In fairness we are well past the surviving stage. But I do agree that the new players that do come in may indeed prove to be succesful and improve us. But its probably just as lkely that they dont.

Lets hope that we do a Spurs. But even they got it wrong at first. I dont think our fans will be at all patient we're that starved of success. Do you?.

I
In fairness we are well past the surviving stage. But I do agree that the new players that do come in may indeed prove to be succesful and improve us. But its probably just as lkely that they dont.

Lets hope that we do a Spurs. But even they got it wrong at first. I dont think our fans will be at all patient we're that starved of success. Do you?.

When I said survive I meant we won't suddenly drop to the relegation places like some people act like we will, we've lost so many of our top players over the last few decades and it never hits us that bad.

And fans will have to be patient, We've been starved of success for two decades, it is what it is, do they expect us to suddenly win the prem because we have a bit of dough, the wheels will still keep turning if rom and Ross leave and tbh I'm half excited to see what we might do with 100-150 mil spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back