Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe for a second it's all about money. Koeman has been very vocal about this and has re-iterated Ross' desire for CL football many times, but no mention of money.

IMO yesterday didn't look like a goodbye, but who knows.

He's still young regardless of who says otherwise, and it's rare for players to perform as well as he has at his age but even then you can still see how much more he has to offer.

Ross has yet to say anything on this. Personally I think being left out of the England side continuously has really left a mark on him. That combined with CL has given him something to think about.

I really hope he signs. Koeman has got him playing his best football and it will only improve with Europe and better players next season.

Spurs are the side touted for him but I think it's United or City that have made contact. They can offer him the exposure for him to walk into the England side and still offer CL football - on top of that they'd also easily throw £150k pw at him.

Let's hope so, and if his agent is responsible for this debacle then he needs to put him right in the bin

If It's the same agent that's been pushing him to City since he broke into the first team as a regular under Martinez then yes, they need binning off.

I do believe he'll stay though. And don't believe this "he's asking for 150k a week" nonsense.

I don't believe for a second it's all about money. Koeman has been very vocal about this and has re-iterated Ross' desire for CL football many times, but no mention of money.

IMO yesterday didn't look like a goodbye, but who knows.

He's still young regardless of who says otherwise, and it's rare for players to perform as well as he has at his age but even then you can still see how much more he has to offer.

Ross has yet to say anything on this. Personally I think being left out of the England side continuously has really left a mark on him. That combined with CL has given him something to think about.

I really hope he signs. Koeman has got him playing his best football and it will only improve with Europe and better players next season.

Spurs are the side touted for him but I think it's United or City that have made contact. They can offer him the exposure for him to walk into the England side and still offer CL football - on top of that they'd also easily throw £150k pw at him.

It's definitely not rare mate. Many players play several levels above what he has done at any point by the age of 23. Personally I think he has a bare faced cheek on him to think he's entitled to Champions League football when he really hasn't done anything of significance in his career so far. Lukaku fair enough, he's proven over the course of several seasons that he's one of the best goal scorers in the league, he's earned it.

It seems like Barkley thinks he can go into a top side and just blend into the background allowing top players to carry him to success. That's a poor attitude to have for someone who supposedly thinks so highly of themselves. If that's the case of course.

Last edited:

If Barkley leaves then it's not binary his fault or Koeman's.

It's somewhere in between. Koeman has rounded his game well, got him to work harder and getting consistent performances and now seems more confident to start playing him in midfield again. However at the same time he seems to have taken a lot of the sparkle out of his game and has spoken publicly about him infinitely more than any other player.

I honestly don't see where he fits into one of the Champions League sides.

Chelsea - he is not good enough
United - Would not complement Pogba
Liverpool - clearly not gonna happen.
Spurs - not as good as Eriksen and does not suite their pressing style
City - he is not good enough
Arsenal - won't qualify for CL. Could possible replace Ozil

It's definitely not rare mate. Many players play several levels above what he has done at any point by the age of 23. Personally I think he has a bare faced cheek on him to think he's entitled to Champions League football when he really hasn't done anything of significance in his career so far. Lukaku fair enough, he's proven over the course of several seasons that he's one of the best goal scorers in the league, he's earned it.

It seems like Barkley thinks he can go into a top side and just blend into the background allowing top players to carry him to success. That's a poor attitude to have for someone who supposedly thinks so highly of themselves. If that's the case of course.

Don't see it personally mate. In the PL this season when looking at players with similar assists/"key passes per game", I don't think anyone near his stats is in his age group.

For what he brings to the team, he's very good at his age for it and even then he's so obviously got more in his locker.

He's a 15 goal a season player and despite having a disappointing season on goals I'm certain that he'd hit that level next season if he keeps progressing as he is.

If he can hit for example 12 goals and 12 assists in a season, he's one of the most productive players in the league and those figures are well within his reach.

Don't see it personally mate. In the PL this season when looking at players with similar assists/"key passes per game", I don't think anyone near his stats is in his age group.

For what he brings to the team, he's very good at his age for it and even then he's so obviously got more in his locker.

He's a 15 goal a season player and despite having a disappointing season on goals I'm certain that he'd hit that level next season if he keeps progressing as he is.

If he can hit for example 12 goals and 12 assists in a season, he's one of the most productive players in the league and those figures are well within his reach.

Sorry mate, plenty of players have far exceeded what he's done at the age of 23, if you think about it he's had a few good half-seasons in his career so far. He's nearly played 200 games for us, he's not a rookie. Look at Alli who is 3 years younger and dominates him in every stat you could possibly look at.

Sorry mate, plenty of players have far exceeded what he's done at the age of 23, if you think about it he's had a few good half-seasons in his career so far. He's nearly played 200 games for us, he's not a rookie. Look at Alli who is 3 years younger and dominates him in every stat you could possibly look at.

Alli is a truly unique example though. Outside of that it's tough to think of examples in the PL.

Coutinho is around Barkley's age, so is Pogba. What Barkley is doing is not special mate, you could say that if he was 18 and this was his first season in the league but it's not.

Coutinho on the open market would be around £70m, Pogba cost a world record fee - if that's the company we're comparing Barkley too, he can't be doing that badly.

Coutinho on the open market would be around £70m, Pogba cost a world record fee - if that's the company we're comparing Barkley too, he can't be doing that badly.

What he said was not many players in Barkley's age bracket can compare to him in terms of stats. I just named 3 off the top of my head that have been statistically better than him. No one would class those players as "youngsters", so why is Barkley?

If he was committed to play for Everton he would have signed by now.

Why?

Seriously, Mirallas only signed yesterday - was he not committed to Everton because he didn't sign in March?

It's all nonsense - it's a business, yet people are applying outdated concepts like "loyalty" to the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back