Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he said was not many players in Barkley's age bracket can compare to him in terms of stats. I just named 3 off the top of my head that have been statistically better than him.

Yeah and all three of those players are regarded as three of the best in the league and worth ridiculous money. "Not many" is a truthful statement - Barkley is currently in the tier below that elite, but that makes him a very good player - and that's before you consider his potential. Isn't it notable that you can only really name elite players doing better than him when the consensus is that he's been "disappointing"?

If we sold Barkley, we'd regret it immensely - no doubt in my mind. He's the type of player you build a team around; not many of those types of player exist.

Why?

Seriously, Mirallas only signed yesterday - was he not committed to Everton because he didn't sign in March?

It's all nonsense - it's a business, yet people are applying outdated concepts like "loyalty" to the situation.

It may be a business to those involved but it's not a business to me. I expect loyalty from homegrown players and always will. It's not an outdated concept in this circumstance whatsoever. Kevin Mirallas is not scouse last time I looked.

Ross is not enjoying his football, he is leaving and does not want to play for Koeman, in my opinion. I think Koeman has been frustrated with Ross for not adhering to the basics and being more of a luxury player. In my opinion, they don't have a great relationship
Agree on this Koeman is far more important to Everton then Ross is, a move is for the best for everyone, besides from a business point of view I'm confident we can replace him with a better player for less money.

Coutinho is around Barkley's age, so is Pogba. What Barkley is doing is not special mate, you could say that if he was 18 and this was his first season in the league but it's not.

Coutinho and Pogba are both players who don't produce more than Ross despite one being the most expensive player in history, and the other being talked up every week and doing something 1 in 10 matches.

More reasons for us to do everything to keep him considering both of those players are vital to their clubs.

What I'm saying is that out of players in his age bracket he's as good as anyone IMO. If that doesn't make him a special player what does?

Last night he had the ball on the edge of the penalty box and instead of trying to get a decent ball into the box, he done a couple of feints with his right food and then tried chipping it to Schneiderlin over two Watford players, it never worked.

He did put some nice passes in throughout the game and some of his skill paid off and was nice to see, took his goal well, it's just the little things like being too cocky when there is no need

Don't see it personally mate. In the PL this season when looking at players with similar assists/"key passes per game", I don't think anyone near his stats is in his age group.

For what he brings to the team, he's very good at his age for it and even then he's so obviously got more in his locker.

He's a 15 goal a season player and despite having a disappointing season on goals I'm certain that he'd hit that level next season if he keeps progressing as he is.

If he can hit for example 12 goals and 12 assists in a season, he's one of the most productive players in the league and those figures are well within his reach.

I've reiterated the point
2015/2016 - 8 goals. 8 assists.
2016/2017 - 6 goals 8 assists.

Two seasons on the bounce, near double figures in assists, decent goal return comparing to Silva, Coutinho who's average is 5 goals per season. He's now consistent.

This is in a disjointed team with a player that does have weaknesses and nowhere near his peak.

I honestly don't see where he fits into one of the Champions League sides.

Chelsea - he is not good enough
United - Would not complement Pogba
Liverpool - clearly not gonna happen.
Spurs - not as good as Eriksen and does not suite their pressing style
City - he is not good enough
Arsenal - won't qualify for CL. Could possible replace Ozil

Imagine what Arsenal fans would say about Barkley - The mind boggles!

If he doesn't sign this week, we shouldn't play him against Arsenal.
A needless risk of injury that could cost us millions.

Facts are Ross could've signed a new contract weeks ago BUT he/agent is stalling to see who signs in the summer.

It's all about getting the most money for Barkley.

If Barkley doesn't sign - we sell looking at £20-£25 million to replace him.

If we can't sell Barkley until next year, we would save on his wages, be able to keep him in the squad for the additional games or he sits on the bench missing out in a World Cup year

Coutinho and Pogba are both players who don't produce more than Ross despite one being the most expensive player in history, and the other being talked up every week and doing something 1 in 10 matches.

More reasons for us to do everything to keep him considering both of those players are vital to their clubs.

What I'm saying is that out of players in his age bracket he's as good as anyone IMO. If that doesn't make him a special player what does?

Plenty of players are better and have been better at his age in the past mate. I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but why do we have to try and delude ourselves into believing he's something that he isn't?

Facts are Ross could've signed a new contract weeks ago BUT he/agent is stalling to see who signs in the summer.

It's all about getting the most money for Barkley.

If Barkley doesn't sign - we sell looking at £20-£25 million to replace him.

If we can't sell Barkley until next year, we would save on his wages, be able to keep him in the squad for the additional games or he sits on the bench missing out in a World Cup year
He's never going be be starting for England whilst Southgate fawns over Ali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back