Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repost....

Compare and contrast:

Koeman on Barkley...

“I think it’s his responsibility and the responsibility also of his agent to say yes or no because that’s what the club needs to know because we can’t wait until the last moment, it’s not good for the player and it’s not good for the club. We have offered him a contract, they had several meetings about a new contract and this is contract, we don’t go and go and go. This is what he needs to sign if he wants to stay.”

Koeman on himself...

"If the club likes to talk they will come and I will see," said Koeman. "I won't knock on their door. When I worked in Feyenoord I signed three times a one-year contract and we spoke in January. There's time enough. Why one year before? We can wait, no problem. We can wait."

“My first option was to continue at Southampton, to do my last season of contract, but it was not possible,” said Koeman.They said it’s not good because we like to know the future. I said it was not a problem because I signed three times a one-year contract with Feyenoord in Holland.

But a manager isnt a 40, 50, 60 million pound assett to the club. Ross Barkley potentially is and the club arent going to let him go for nothing in a year when they can cash in this summer.
Managers can be replaced like for like at a much lower outlay.
Not rocket science Dave.

That argument your trying to use is defunct. Move on.

Exactly my point.

I'm saying that if he's comparable to those players you've mentioned and they're talked about like they're the best in the world, why shouldn't he be talked about in the same way?

Would we get anywhere near signing a Pogba or Coutinho? Nope. Barkley is that level and we need to keep him.
My guess if we want to be honest is that clubs might pay 70 million for Coutinho, I doubt they will pay that for Ross, do you?

As Merson said on Sky sports
Someone will buy Barkley for 15 milllion as a squad player and sell him in 3/4 years for 40/50 million
At that price you can't go wrong
It's like us buying Sandro for 5 million
If it goes well great
If it goes wrong so what.
Barkley WILL NOT get a regular starting spot on any team in the top six this season.
By that I mean in 19 out of 38/ league games or any meaningful CL or EL. game he will start on the bench.

The lad has similar stats to Mirallas in an Everton shirt

Mirallas appearances 172 scored 39

Barkley appearances 178 scored 27

Needs to stop big balls'n it and sign the contract IMO.

Add the freezing out of our best young player, Dowell,and a worrying pattern has emerged: talented creative people that require encouragement are now unwanted or are so discouraged by this turn toward a more basic athletic game that they prefer elsewhere.

We will see this time next season the Koeman Everton. It will be uninspiring and bang average.

Dave with all due respect, you admitted that you've only ever watched Dowell twice, one I assume being Norwich a year ago. Koeman has watched Dowell all season, had scout reports all season on him and others have seen him many a time for the U23. The lad has the talent don't get me wrong but, unlike Davies who slotted in seamlessly, isnt quite ready to be a first team regular. He needs a season out on loan at a Championship club with regular game time

As Merson said on Sky sports
Someone will buy Barkley for 15 milllion as a squad player and sell him in 3/4 years for 40/50 million
At that price you can't go wrong
It's like us buying Sandro for 5 million
If it goes well great
If it goes wrong so what.
Barkley WILL NOT get a regular starting spot on any team in the top six this season.
By that I mean in 19 out of 38/ league games or any meaningful CL or EL. game he will start on the bench.

If he is not signing a new deal and force the club to sell him on cheap...an Evertonian shall not do that...

Countinho is world class and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same light as Barkley.

F*** him. Sell him for £25m, sign Sig. and let him rot on Spurs or arsenal's bench.

Kindly refrain from avoiding the swear filter !

It's as simple as sign or go I'm not sure what I want him to do as he has so much potential but the more I watch him the more he frustrates me with his decision making etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back