Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave with all due respect, you admitted that you've only ever watched Dowell twice, one I assume being Norwich a year ago. Koeman has watched Dowell all season, had scout reports all season on him and others have seen him many a time for the U23. The lad has the talent don't get me wrong but, unlike Davies who slotted in seamlessly, isnt quite ready to be a first team regular. He needs a season out on loan at a Championship club with regular game time

If Dowell was in the team instead of Davies, it'd be Davies who was the best young player at the club being frozen out by Koeman. It really is pointless trying to debate mate.

If he is not signing a new deal and force the club to sell him on cheap...an Evertonian shall not do that...

If is true that Barclay has been tapped up and I believe he has then he will only be interested in going to one club
That club will have told Barkley
Only agree to sign for us
We will only pay a low fee
You ( and your agent ) will get a big signing in fee (see Pogba deal )
ROSS signs for Spurs
All promises out the window and he rots on the bench
2 yrs later Neecastle pay 50 m for him

If Dowell was in the team instead of Davies, it'd be Davies who was the best young player at the club being frozen out by Koeman. It really is pointless trying to debate mate.

He said it was not the intention of Martinez to sign Niasse lol.

Then who? Koeman^_^?

My guess if we want to be honest is that clubs might pay 70 million for Coutinho, I doubt they will pay that for Ross, do you?

His "value" might not be as high as their value, but if his output is similar we should take into account how valuable he is to us.

Gylfi for example might have better stats but his stats rely on his set pieces, and we've seen countless times over the years where players suddenly can't take free kicks/corners as well as they used to. Baines being one.

It's a simple case of the grass isn't always greener and that's for both the club and the player.

Repost....

Compare and contrast:

Koeman on Barkley...

“I think it’s his responsibility and the responsibility also of his agent to say yes or no because that’s what the club needs to know because we can’t wait until the last moment, it’s not good for the player and it’s not good for the club. We have offered him a contract, they had several meetings about a new contract and this is contract, we don’t go and go and go. This is what he needs to sign if he wants to stay.”

Koeman on himself...

"If the club likes to talk they will come and I will see," said Koeman. "I won't knock on their door. When I worked in Feyenoord I signed three times a one-year contract and we spoke in January. There's time enough. Why one year before? We can wait, no problem. We can wait."

“My first option was to continue at Southampton, to do my last season of contract, but it was not possible,” said Koeman.They said it’s not good because we like to know the future. I said it was not a problem because I signed three times a one-year contract with Feyenoord in Holland.
I don't mind the difference in that tbh, but whilst I am a big fan of Koeman's, for me the difference between the treatment of Barkley and Lukaku is far more comparable than the above.
* We will do everything in our power to keep Lukaku at all costs
* Sign or sod off Barkley
Pretty poor imo

I don't mind the difference in that tbh, but whilst I am a big fan of Koeman's, for me the difference between the treatment of Barkley and Lukaku is far more comparable than the above.
* We will do everything in our power to keep Lukaku at all costs
* Sign or sod off Barkley
Pretty poor imo
There's no excusing either situation.

He's demanding a player to do what he refused to do; and he's treating one player differently to another....a player he advised, btw, to fulfil his ambitions away from Everton.

The feller's an utter wrong un.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back