Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He or his agent need to show the club some respect and decide immediately. Ronald wants to start building for next season as soon as possible

the building process has started mate - pretty sure Koeman will want Ross to be part of that, but ultimately if Ross doesn't see it that way then we'll have to sell.

There's nothing out of order in the lad taking his time, but now (before the end of the season) is the time to make the call, either way.

the building process has started mate - pretty sure Koeman will want Ross to be part of that, but ultimately if Ross doesn't see it that way then we'll have to sell.

There's nothing out of order in the lad taking his time, but now (before the end of the season) is the time to make the call, either way.
How much time does he need

How much time does he need

well that's the issue now.
It's a huge contract decision for him, but it's now four months since negotiations started.

Now we don't know the reasons why he hasn't signed it (maybe he doesn't feel it's good enough, or maybe he has had his head turned - in all likelihood it's a combination of the two).

I think we were relaxed about giving him time, but in the past few weeks we want a decision, and that's why Koeman has publicly asked for one now.

well that's the issue now.
It's a huge contract decision for him, but it's now four months since negotiations started.

Now we don't know the reasons why he hasn't signed it (maybe he doesn't feel it's good enough, or maybe he has had his head turned - in all likelihood it's a combination of the two).

I think we were relaxed about giving him time, but in the past few weeks we want a decision, and that's why Koeman has publicly asked for one now.
So like i said originally, he should show the club some respect and make his mind up. He is a good player, but in my opinion he has not fullfilled his potential and that is partly down to the last manager

So like i said originally, he should show the club some respect and make his mind up. He is a good player, but in my opinion he has not fullfilled his potential and that is partly down to the last manager

Still time to fulfil it like, but yeh in principle I agree. The time is now to make the decision,or he is disrespecting the club (and as Koeman said, if that happens, he'll be sold).

I think this important. Barkley has said quite literally nothing. He has acted professionally and allowed his agent to do the work he's paid to do.

The attempt to vilify a player for just doing his job is ridiculous. All this talk of 'loyalty'... Everton is a business first and foremost; Ross pays his agent to get the best pay from that business for his services.

People complain about him being "thick", then complain about him for not being thick on this. He can't win.

I reckon if the Club said nothing they'd be getting volleyed all over town for not keeping the fans in the loop.
Christ there's some absolute rubbish written in this particular thread.

Their only good player.

And they still doubled us again this season despite us having apparently a striker who is top CL quality and the best kid around who actually isn't a kid. They may only have the odd good player but they seem to have the balls we lack at times.

A mate of mine saw Ross and Ronald Koeman in town last night. Ross handed him a tulip and said something along the lines of:

"Flowers are an easy, eloquent expression of love at a time when words can seem clumsy and inadequate. Playing for you is like making love to the most beautiful woman in the world. I will not give it up for as long as I have life in my bones."

Apparently they then embraced and just silently sobbed in each other's arms.

Encouraging news.

Can't wait for the flapping during this week as a deal isn't signed and then when Koeman no arses the question in his press conference it only escalates.

There will be discussions in private to which we'll get - hopefully - a yes or possibly a no.

We'll know when the club/Koeman talk about it.

For now, no one else can do anything. Although if you fancy going down to finch farm with "please stay Ross" flags and gear, please do.

Can't wait for the flapping during this week as a deal isn't signed and then when Koeman no arses the question in his press conference it only escalates.

There will be discussions in private to which we'll get - hopefully - a yes or possibly a no.

We'll know when the club/Koeman talk about it.

For now, no one else can do anything. Although if you fancy going down to finch farm with "please stay Ross" flags and gear, please do.

Or Dave can go with "Please Go Ron" gear on

We've been in this this situation many times where a player may/may not be leaving. Leaving the ground last night I said to Mrs TW "that could be the last time we see Ross in a blue shirt" she said "is that good or bad" and I replied that I wasn't really bothered either way.
Huge potential but at the end of the day just an average prem player (for us anyway ).

We've been in this this situation many times where a player may/may not be leaving. Leaving the ground last night I said to Mrs TW "that could be the last time we see Ross in a blue shirt" she said "is that good or bad" and I replied that I wasn't really bothered either way.
Huge potential but at the end of the day just an average prem player (for us anyway ).
Peace be with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back