Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision will have been made weeks ago and your deluded if you think otherwise

He's gone. Just easier for the club and player to leave it until the end of the season. Shame as we now need to find his assists from someone else and more if we want to improve on 7th

This is going to be a serious, the grass is always greener move for Ross. He's now getting linked to Chelsea as well as Spurs. Simply he's not going to play every week, at either club. There's a World cup next summer, he's taking a very big risk. I think he'll miss us more than us him. But if he wants to go, so be it.
He plays every week for us and can't get near the England team so that won't be a problem. He'd get his fair share of games for any of the top clubs. Not as automatic starter but def as 1st backup. Especially at Spurs. He wouldn't start over Eriksen and Alli but it's a long season.

I don't understand this.
So while Ross and Rom are the same age'ish, Rom is still improving but, Ross has failed?
I'm pretty sure he hasn't disrespected the club and if he wants, he can see out his contract and leave for free (now that would be disrespecting the club ala Moyes!).
Maybe, RK should pipe down and stop making everything 'Ross' something that should be played out in public?

Oh I'm not at all saying Ross has done anything wrong mate. But there's not much wrong with Koeman wanting a decision either.

And I don't think I ever said Ross has failed?

He hasn't hit the heights we thought he would, but he's only 23. He's had an excellent back half of the season and I very much want him to stay and be a key part of our side moving forward.

What saddens me most is that we have a player who has been at the club since he was 11, is an Everton fan and we are at last showing signs of ambition to be able to compete with the top 6, yet it looks like he will leave the club. Sadly, that is modern football for you and certainly the role of agents, who often only see what is the best financially for them and not necessarily the player. But I guess that is for another discussion.

Ultimately all of these decisions come down to money.
Ross , but probably his agent, have been made aware that they could earn substantially more by rejecting the contract at Everton and signing elsewhere.

People saying it is because of the abuse and pressure from Everton fans that he is leaving. Just wait until he moves to a CL for 25-30m and has three or four bad games... then he will find out what pressure and abuse really is. He probably doesn't fully realise the huge amount of goodwill towards him at Everton because he has come through our own academy. All players get abuse at times, when the team is doing well there is less abuse and when the team is doing badly the abuse increases. That is the price of earning 100k per week.

I cannot decide if the decision to leave has already been made or the agent is still trying to negotiate an eleventh hour further improved contract for Ross allowing him to stay at Everton.

However, I think RK is prepared to sell and won't be held to ransom

When he goes will fail big time can't play cm cant defend wrong choose of pass awful shooting

Will definitely benefit from having quality players around him though. There's times when he plays with us that he's got bugger all to go off with Lewin and Valencia on the wings...

Then people moan at him when he hasn't dragged the team through with a Messi like performance.

Will definitely benefit from having quality players around him though. There's times when he plays with us that he's got bugger all to go off with Lewin and Valencia on the wings...

Then people moan at him when he hasn't dragged the team through with a Messi like performance.
Only player in our team who try's to go forward and try's to create.
I have said for a while if Barlkey doesn't play well or Lukaku doesn't score we totally struggle

I hope he stays but my gut feel is he will go, simply as he must be fed up of being the supporters and Rk scapegoat for any poor performance

He plays every week for us and can't get near the England team so that won't be a problem. He'd get his fair share of games for any of the top clubs. Not as automatic starter but def as 1st backup. Especially at Spurs. He wouldn't start over Eriksen and Alli but it's a long season.

Ross is a confidence player, he needs to play all the time. He will not get this when he moves and I think his game will go backwards.....Fox in the Box, Rodders.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back