Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross is not enjoying his football, he is leaving and does not want to play for Koeman, in my opinion. I think Koeman has been frustrated with Ross for not adhering to the basics and being more of a luxury player. In my opinion, they don't have a great relationship
Does Ross like a few jars? I assume he does and Ronald doesn't approve!

Sorry mate, plenty of players have far exceeded what he's done at the age of 23, if you think about it he's had a few good half-seasons in his career so far. He's nearly played 200 games for us, he's not a rookie. Look at Alli who is 3 years younger and dominates him in every stat you could possibly look at.
The problem is them players largely wouldn't want to play or us yet we have a comparable home grown player so let's keep him. It's all hypothical at the moment as we don't know he full story

What he said was not many players in Barkley's age bracket can compare to him in terms of stats. I just named 3 off the top of my head that have been statistically better than him. No one would class those players as "youngsters", so why is Barkley?

Player GS Sb Gls Asts
Coutinho 36 5 14 8
Pogba 59 3 8 8
Barkley 36 5 6 8

Also I've come to the conclusion reading the last few pages that Tubey is a Davek multi... :o

What he said was not many players in Barkley's age bracket can compare to him in terms of stats. I just named 3 off the top of my head that have been statistically better than him. No one would class those players as "youngsters", so why is Barkley?
Countinho is 18 months older

Player GS Sb Gls Asts
Coutinho 36 5 14 8
Pogba 59 3 8 8
Barkley 36 5 6 8

Also I've come to the conclusion reading the last few pages that Tubey is a Davek multi... :eek:
d555e91f01ca6a5886e9dc5a4065e4ff.webp

Coutinho on the open market would be around £70m, Pogba cost a world record fee - if that's the company we're comparing Barkley too, he can't be doing that badly.

Exactly my point.

Plenty of players are better and have been better at his age in the past mate. I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but why do we have to try and delude ourselves into believing he's something that he isn't?

I'm saying that if he's comparable to those players you've mentioned and they're talked about like they're the best in the world, why shouldn't he be talked about in the same way?

Would we get anywhere near signing a Pogba or Coutinho? Nope. Barkley is that level and we need to keep him.

Just a question for those that are against the way Koeman has handled this.

Don't we all/haven't we all complained about us not getting our business done early in the window to give time for our signings to bed in before the season? I'm not suggesting Barkley's situation is holding up a defender signing or a keeper but our transfer plans up front I would guess are heavily contingent on his decision. To allow us to be as good as we can be, we need an answer.

Just a thought, however I'd boot Koeman out now if it meant Ross stayed forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back