Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't get boo'd every week. He has his name sung, he has banners held aloft about him.
He can cope with a few groans when he gives the ball away.
He doesn't get boo'd every week. He has his name sung, he has banners held aloft about him.
He can cope with a few groans when he gives the ball away.
Whe he plays well he is sung about, the problem I have is there is still a section who are waiting for him to make a mistake, when he does they are very quick to turn on him..
At times for me supporters and RK use him as the whipping boy when so many other players get a free pass

If he goes to City he'll just be the new Jack Rodwell minus the injuries - he is still inconsistent - he can come good but he needs to pick his game up and for that he needs a run in the first team. Just can't see Pep signing him. He'll go - but I can't see it doing his career any good, spurs - doesn't Erikson play in the same spot? Why would they drop Erikson for Barkley. He'll become the next English Everton player whose head has been turned by his agent and the lure of money and supposed Champions League football - then vanish. He should sign up - improve and then see how life pans out.

If we get a decent amount let him go. He's been lining this up of at least a year, back when he was tweeting 'gutted' when Stones left. Stupid and greedy, not a compelling combination

RK use him as the whipping boy when so many other players get a free pass
When Ronald first began his "harsh" treatment of Ross he explained it all in an anecdote about his time as a player and his manager was getting upset with him more than others he felt deserved it more so he spoke about it to him and he said Ronald should worry if he didn't yell at him.

Maybe Ross isn't sure he'll be first choice next season and instead of wanting to move to a 'bigger' club he wants assurances about playing. His confidence must be knocked recently with England and off field events , maybe it's this?

Maybe Ross isn't sure he'll be first choice next season and instead of wanting to move to a 'bigger' club he wants assurances about playing. His confidence must be knocked recently with England and off field events , maybe it's this?

But if he moves he's not going to be first choice.

It all reminds me of Jeffers to Arsenal all those years ago. Lots of silence, uncertainty etcetera then it transpired it had been sorted out ages before. Combination of good deal and CL footy with a little rumour that leaving the area would not be the worst thing to happen to the lad. Funny that Jeffers is back with us on the coaching side. Wonder if he has said grass is not always greener??
We will see soon enough. I will be very sorry to see him go but if he does not want to be an Everton hero it is probably best he goes. I still hope he wants that dream for a bit longer yet.

Genuinelly think the off-field issues is a reason he is not signing new contract. There has been issues about him and these 'gangster's who he has had problems with recently and over the years and it is clear there are some people who don't get along with him. Maybe he wants a new start in a new area. Because in terms of football, he is at the right team. He won't get into any other big team as an automatic starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back