Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
To read some of the guff on here you would think Barkley invented the misplaced pass. I've watched city many times this season and each time it's shocked me how many times DeBruyne misplaced a simple pass, and yet he never gets criticised.
The issue with players who are expected to create is that they're always assessing options , looking for the killer ball and at times their brains are bound to get scrambled. Your hard grafting water carriers don't have this problem.
So who wants a team full of grafters who never lose possession?

Lallana starts ahead of him, It has nothing to do with managers being scared, They are pros and see all of his weaknesses, His poor final ball, His lack of awareness, his poor shooting and his lack of effort to track back

Name me what attributes he's above average in ?
He's a blooo, frànd.

To read some of the guff on here you would think Barkley invented the misplaced pass. I've watched city many times this season and each time it's shocked me how many times DeBruyne misplaced a simple pass, and yet he never gets criticised.
The issue with players who are expected to create is that they're always assessing options , looking for the killer ball and at times their brains are bound to get scrambled. Your hard grafting water carriers don't have this problem.
So who wants a team full of grafters who never lose possession?

21 goals 18 assists in 150 games

In a team thats scored 120 goals in the last two seasons alone

Lets take an utter bang average player playing at a lower level than us

Tadic at Southampton - 14 goals 24 assists in 96 games

Barkley is simply an ok midfielder who doesn't contribute anywhere near enough as our main attacking midfielder

True this, Ross just hasn't turned into the player we thought he would, shame but if we can get a good fee it really is no loss while we have a lot of good younger players coming through.

Davies coming through and the attention he's got from us will have put Ross's nose out of joint imo

Davies coming through and the attention he's got from us will have put Ross's nose out of joint imo

I don't think he'll be too bothered to be honest, Ross is old enough to know how we put pressure on every kid coming through, and how very few last more than a couple of years. Roswell was way more hyped up than Davies and unfortunately we see what happened there. We will see where Davies is in 4 years. That's not a slight against Davies, more the expectation.

I don't think he'll be too bothered to be honest, Ross is old enough to know how we put pressure on every kid coming through, and how very few last more than a couple of years. Roswell was way more hyped up than Davies and unfortunately we see what happened there. We will see where Davies is in 4 years. That's not a slight against Davies, more the expectation.

Dem aliens

Dem aliens

ancient-aliens-1.png

Lallana starts ahead of him, It has nothing to do with managers being scared, They are pros and see all of his weaknesses, His poor final ball, His lack of awareness, his poor shooting and his lack of effort to track back

Name me what attributes he's above average in ?

You mean Lallana at his peak, who's end product is poor, who's best season compares to Barkley's at his "average" and until last year did less than Barkley in more games internationally?

He gets played because he's "safe" and reliable in an international side full of safe average players who have bottled it for about two decades.

And using internationals to gauge how good a player is shouldnt even be an argument since the Euros.

As for Barkley as his attributes...well, if you can't see em then you'll be happy he's gone.

Let's be honest, who'd you rather have in the side, Barkley or Gylfi?

To me it's not even close. But Barks' being scouse makes this closer than it should

You mean Lallana at his peak, who's end product is poor, who's best season compares to Barkley's at his "average" and until last year did less than Barkley in more games internationally?

He gets played because he's "safe" and reliable in an international side full of safe average players who have bottled it for about two decades.

And using internationals to gauge how good a player is shouldnt even be an argument since the Euros.

As for Barkley as his attributes...well, if you can't see em then you'll be happy he's gone.

Barkley 149 games - 21 goals 18 assists

Lallana 150 games - 28 goals 27 assists

Right. I offer this with no guarantee of correctness. It may or may not be true, and it may or may not mean anything whatsoever even if it is true. But it's from the same fella (a kopite) who has given me info on the stadium stuff previously. He's not normally clued up on transfers, but he is well placed to know this particular snippet.

Anyway...Ross Barkley's girlfriend (who works in the north end of the city - I won't say where) apparently handed in her notice at work on Friday saying that their family was moving.

As I say, this is purely rumour and I am not claiming it to be a fact! Just something I have heard.
Which girlfriend, he's got about 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back