Matt Phillips - 79 games 8 goals 20 assists

Jason Puncheon - 182 games 24 goals 18 assists

Snodgrass - 102 games 19 goals 13 assists

Barkley is a bang average attacking midfielder

21 goals 18 assists in 150 games

In a team thats scored 120 goals in the last two seasons alone

Lets take an utter bang average player playing at a lower level than us

Tadic at Southampton - 14 goals 24 assists in 96 games

Barkley is simply an ok midfielder who doesn't contribute anywhere near enough as our main attacking midfielder
The point I was making was the amount of misplaced passes he gets criticised for. Different players different teams , the fact is stats can be manipulated to suit the agenda of whoever wishes to make a particular point.
One inescapable stat is that no player has 100% pass completion, some however are criticised more than others.
Now if you really think his frailties are purely of his own doing and not as a result of other factors eg movement off the ball ahead of him then that I'm afraid is a subjective view, in the eye of the beholder and therefore cannot be proved/disproved purely by statistics..

The point I was making was the amount of misplaced passes he gets criticised for. Different players different teams , the fact is stats can be manipulated to suit the agenda of whoever wishes to make a particular point.
One inescapable stat is that no player has 100% pass completion, some however are criticised more than others.
Now if you really think his frailties are purely of his own doing and not as a result of other factors eg movement off the ball ahead of him then that I'm afraid is a subjective view, in the eye of the beholder and therefore cannot be proved/disproved purely by statistics..

Look, He's an attacking midfielder who's main aim is to create and score goals

He's about the level of the players iv'e highlighted, All of them average

Look, He's an attacking midfielder who's main aim is to create and score goals

He's about the level of the players iv'e highlighted, All of them average
Ok because you said 'look' you're conviction indicates that you're correct.
I bow to your superior knowledge. I hope to spend more time in your company as I aspire to feed off your wisdom.
Xx

For those questioning why this is all done in public, how would you have liked Koeman to respond to constant questioning about it? "No comment"?

He's our manager and he's just being honest with the situation. No one is arsed that all the McCarthy stuff was public.

It's just local favouritism in my eyes. People saying we don't treat Ross fairly are the reason he'll never grow up. He's an adult now ffs stop protecting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back