Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matters not

Manager after manager not rating him, why?

The only reason clubs want him us to get there British quoter up, if the lad was French/Spanish he would be called what he is, Average

Conservatism and pragmatic managers scared to play him. They'd rather have a team of Jordan Henderson's than play anyone with a creative bone in their body.

If he was French of Spanish I'd say he was above average...and someone we need in the team until we can bag an Isco, Koke etc

Conservatism and pragmatic managers scared to play him. They'd rather have a team of Jordan Henderson's than play anyone with a creative bone in their body.

If he was French of Spanish I'd say he was above average...and someone we need in the team until we can bag an Isco, Koke etc

Lallana starts ahead of him, It has nothing to do with managers being scared, They are pros and see all of his weaknesses, His poor final ball, His lack of awareness, his poor shooting and his lack of effort to track back

Name me what attributes he's above average in ?

Lallana starts ahead of him, It has nothing to do with managers being scared, They are pros and see all of his weaknesses, His poor final ball, His lack of awareness, his poor shooting and his lack of effort to track back

Name me what attributes he's above average in ?

He's really good at tricks, turns and has great footwork and he's a good passer 'when he picks out the right pass'.

I'm not his biggest fan but I think to say he's not above average at anything is a bit of a stretch.

His biggest weaknesses to me are his 'decision making', lack of vision and inconsistency.

He's really good at tricks, turns and has great footwork and he's a good passer 'when he picks out the right pass'.

I'm not his biggest fan but I think to say he's not above average at anything is a bit of a stretch.

So when he picks out the right pass he's a good passer, Great, the rest of the time he's passing to the wrong team

He doesn't excel at anything

Has anybody else posted the rumour of his bird handing her notice in at work, reckons she is moving to London ?
All hearsay and my mates, mates, dogs, cousins, cat says so I guess.

Your original point was he's not above average at anything. Now it's he doesn't excel at anything.

Moving the goalposts ...

Ok, He's not above average at anything

This is a lad people want us to build a team around, A lad some have said can be a world class talent yet he can't get in an England side devoid of attacking talent

The fact Koeman doesn't seem arsed about losing him should speak volumes

Wouldn't shock me if his bird is in his ear to move

Probably found out about ross blagging other birds - hence why he got chinned in town.

Case of we have to move out of Liverpool to stop you flirting with other women ! Errr yes love *hooks up with some Essex bird*

Ok, He's not above average at anything

This is a lad people want us to build a team around, A lad some have said can be a world class talent yet he can't get in an England side devoid of attacking talent

The fact Koeman doesn't seem arsed about losing him should speak volumes

I actually agree with you that I'm not convinced on Ross becoming a top drawer player but I think your view on him is a bit one sided.

He's a good player currently. Koeman wouldn't have offered him 70k a week if he didn't want to keep him. I do agree that I don't think Koeman thinks he's a great player, which is why he's happy to replace him if he doesn't want to sign the contract. If the board and manager thought he was that great they would have offered him higher wages and they didn't.

Ross will either have a breakthrough season, where everything clicks and he'll become a great player or he'll stay like he is now and be a good player.

Do I think Ross will become a top drawer player? I've got some doubts too.

I'm fine with him going tbh as I think we'll replace him with someone who is more consistent. I just think he's a better player than you give him credit for, even if he's not a great player as it stands.

His brain is half a second too slow for him ever to make the top tier of footballers. If he listens to Koeman, and doesnt get all titty lipped whenever he is subbed or criticised, he could enjoy a fine career here with us! If he doesnt want that, then sadly he will soon find out that other clubs fans and manaters will be far harsher than we are! If a club spalshes out £30-35M on him and he is as inconsistent and dilatory with them as he is with us, he will get slaughtered!

I woudl love th eplayer who out in that great run of games a month or so ago to stay here with us! The player who just stands in the centre of the park like an asthmatic walrus can leave and try his luck elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back