Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what they know, but the ladies who did the stadium tour seemed sure he is off. They also mentioned Pickford, Sigurdsson and Batshuayi in....

View attachment 36815

:)

I had a stadium tour this time-ish last year and that blonde lass was saying how Martinez was gonna get potted and that it was being discussed on an on-going basis as to when.

Pretty sure the contract stuff is down to his role at the club. We've probably told him he won't be a regular starter next season and he probably wants more. It's best for everyone if he's replaced though.

I like the general level of not arsedness by most blues over the Ross situation.

The way I look at it is that he is a good player, with the potential to be a great player but he still shows inconsistency to a frustrating level and he is definitely replaceable. I want him to stay but I would question his mentality to fight for his future here and also the advice he must be getting if he does want to leave the club, with him being an Evertonian.

He is currently at the biggest and best club he could be at where he could realistically expect to start most games, and that happens to be his boyhood club. Add to that we are more often than not a top 7 club with ambitions to break in to the Champions League and in the next 4 years could be moving to an iconic waterfront stadium. What Evertonian wouldn't want to stick around in them circumstances? I just can't understand it.

If it's about England then he's deluded. If it's about unfair criticism from fans then he needs to toughen up a bit and I also think a lot of the ridiculous over the top grief he was getting has died down this season now the team has performed to an adequate standard. He was just one of the scapegoats in the previous 2 seasons as we were doing so poorly.

We need a team full of winners. Ross could be one of them if he works on his weaknesses but if he doesn't want to be here then that's up to him, and the club will move forward without him.

If im the manager of chelsea, spurs, pool, city, utd, arsenal - and im looking at Ross as an option for my midfield next season, I would want to know why a local lad thats been told hes got huge potential for years doesn't want to fight for his spot at his boyhood club? Id want to know wtf is going on in the boys head to turn down his beloved Everton, whatever the reasoning, and not fight for his place.

Bobby told the boy he would build the club around him. It looks like Koeman has come in and said 'look, your mid 20's now, its not about building around you anymore. Youve shown what you can do, youve had 2 full seasons in at the top, if we want UCL then theres no way we can build a team around you, because from what I see, you just dont cut it' - and if thats the case, I can't say I disagree.

It seems to me that Ronald is looking to build around his midfielders, Tommy and Morgan, even Gana. For Ross, I guess that means he will still be 'un-positionable'. Maybe one game out on the right, one on the left... one off the bench to play in the hole... who knows, all I know is that with the money available, Ronald knows he can basically get the right man for the job. If thats not Ross, and City will pay 40 mil for him, then off he goes, and hopefully for the lad he can put his head down and get back into the english side.

I don't think international football bothers many pro players at all.

They're obsessed with getting into the Champions League though. And tatts. And Nando's.

Ross will either be a rotational player at one of the top 7 next season (ourselves included) or he can try pitch to be a starter at say, West Ham or Newcastle.

Up to him what he makes of his career. Next season either makes him or breaks him for me.

Right. I offer this with no guarantee of correctness. It may or may not be true, and it may or may not mean anything whatsoever even if it is true. But it's from the same fella (a kopite) who has given me info on the stadium stuff previously. He's not normally clued up on transfers, but he is well placed to know this particular snippet.

Anyway...Ross Barkley's girlfriend (who works in the north end of the city - I won't say where) apparently handed in her notice at work on Friday saying that their family was moving.

As I say, this is purely rumour and I am not claiming it to be a fact! Just something I have heard.
Well my spin on that is this.
ROSS is off on his travels for the next six weeks
He has a bag full of cash and a wallet full of condoms.
She has 2 weeks annual leave , so she says
I ain't having my lad going around throwing it every skank he sees
I'm packing me job in and going with him

Let's be honest it's not like he hasn't got form.
Would Collette let Wayne go for a 2 week break in a retirement home ?
Exactly

There's a reason the last two England managers don't use/rate him

Would also seem Koemans not that arsed about selling him

He's simply not that good

The same manager that got them rolled over by Iceland? And Gareth Southgate? Or Big Sam?

Pedigree there.

Well my spin on that is this.
ROSS is off on his travels for the next six weeks
He has a bag full of cash and a wallet full of condoms.
She has 2 weeks annual leave , so she says
I ain't having my lad going around throwing it every skank he sees
I'm packing me job in and going with him

Let's be honest it's not like he hasn't got form.
Would Collette let Wayne go for a 2 week break in a retirement home ?
Exactly

Who?

The same manager that got them rolled over by Iceland? And Gareth Southgate? Or Big Sam?

Pedigree there.

Matters not

Manager after manager not rating him, why?

The only reason clubs want him us to get there British quoter up, if the lad was French/Spanish he would be called what he is, Average

Romelu came out literally just the other week in an interview and said something along the lines of "Ross's progress makes me want to work harder" or words to that effect.

Is that why he looked like he was thinking about putting pressure on that defender the other week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back