Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see him starting at any club above us. I'm sure he'd be able to get a move but he'll end up on the bench IMO. It would be a strange decision if he doesn't sign his contract I think.
Perhaps he thinks his playing time with us will be limited nxt season.. so feels he has to go to improve his own chances.

He might be ITK as to who the club are after in or around his position.

I too fail to see how he gets into the teams above us because he is not all that.

I have it: he refuses to sign the contract offer and sees out the last year. Then demands a massive signing on fee
in 2018 from some mug team.

World cup at the end of next season, if hes bothered about that then that could influence his choice? As he'd probably get more playing time with us

Perhaps he thinks his playing time with us will be limited nxt season.. so feels he has to go to improve his own chances.

He might be ITK as to who the club are after in or around his position.
That wouldn't make much sense either. The teams below us can't afford him and I don't think he'd want to downgrade.

I think it's got to be about money and they're just haggling over his wages.

Why the love in for him anyway, he's obviously tested the patience of the club, and is seemingly just about to become one of the worst traitors we've had.
It's not a love in. I've said before there is a narrative that has been built that constantly puts the lad down.

People like you are fuelling it yes there is merit in a lot of what you post unfortunately the modern need of sensationalism to try emphasises it & point scoring is not just indicative to our media it's alive & well in this forum.

We dont have the facts as to why he wants to leave so once again you make a negative assumption against the lad.

Perhaps it's killing him that he is leaving but he feels he has to as he won't fulfil his potential here if he is joining spurs it's likely that it's not solely for money as we would likely be able to match there wage.

Clearly he has to take some responsibility for how the situation has panned out but I can't be doing with the spin.

Barkley will be an asset to any top 4 squad but not necessarily a starter unless he improves his ongoing weaknesses (slow decision making, defensive liability). With us or with Spurs he'll face the same challenge. If money and profile are higher and pressure lower (no home-grown burden) at Spurs we'd be wrong to blame him for going or the club for selling him.

Barkley will be an asset to any top 4 squad but not necessarily a starter unless he improves his ongoing weaknesses (slow decision making, defensive liability). With us or with Spurs he'll face the same challenge. If money and profile are higher and pressure lower (no home-grown burden) at Spurs we'd be wrong to blame him for going or the club for selling him.
Not sure about that first line, he'll be a sub at any of the top 6 and I can't see him being much of an impact sub, don't think I've seen him change many games coming of the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back