Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you have the worlds greatest hearing or somehow manage to occupy every seat in the stadium I don't see how you can even begin to claim it's bubbles.

To assume that he gets no abuse simply because the tiny little section where you sit doesn't give it is ridiculous.

Even just sat at home watching a stream you can often hear people in the crowd lose the plot with him.

Why do people not pick up on the crowd losing the plot when other players give it away, which they do every time? What about last year when Stones was trying to nutmeg people on his own 6 yard line, were the crowd bullying him as well?

Why do people not pick up on the crowd losing the plot when other players give it away, which they do every time? What about last year when Stones was trying to nutmeg people on his own 6 yard line, were the crowd bullying him as well?
They did at the time it was talked about a lot & deserved. What's your point

i clearly remember people slagging the crowd off after that Stones episode and I'm sure if you went back and found the thread you'd see this. I dont really understand how anyone can deny Barkley gets more grief than the others, it's obvious just from watching on Tv that he's targeted more than others, all you need is two functioning ears. Was the same at West Ham away last season, had some absolute mutants sat few feet away who were abusing him the entire game whilst other players would get more leniency.

Its to be expected though, he's local lad and he plays in a position where you're going to run the risk of giving the ball away. Let's not try and make out it doesn't happen though.

They did at the time it was talked about a lot & deserved. What's your point

No one cried and came on here with the "woe is John" mantra, feeling like they have to protect him from any form of scrutiny at all. People can deny it all they want, but a lot of fans are instantly more defensive of Barkley criticism than of any other player. His performances get scrutinised the same as any other experienced member of the first team should. Remember when Cleverley got jeered off against United? Don't remember anyone jumping to his defence to post a massive spiel about the treatment he gets being cruel and unfair.

i clearly remember people slagging the crowd off after that Stones episode and I'm sure if you went back and found the thread you'd see this. I dont really understand how anyone can deny Barkley gets more grief than the others, it's obvious just from watching on Tv that he's targeted more than others, all you need is two functioning ears. Was the same at West Ham away last season, had some absolute mutants sat few feet away who were abusing him the entire game whilst other players would get more leniency.

Its to be expected though, he's local lad and he plays in a position where you're going to run the risk of giving the ball away. Let's not try and make out it doesn't happen though.

There's no doubt Barkley gets more stick.

Even at the last game, groans when Barkley made one mistake - not one sound when Davies made two.

Not saying Davies deserves stick obviously - the point is that Barkley doesn't. He's unfairly targeted because of his style of play. It's ridiculous.

Unless you have the worlds greatest hearing or somehow manage to occupy every seat in the stadium I don't see how you can even begin to claim it's bubbles.

To assume that he gets no abuse simply because the tiny little section where you sit doesn't give it is ridiculous.

Even just sat at home watching a stream you can often hear people in the crowd lose the plot with him.

course I don't, but like I said people around me don't specifically boo or groan at barkley it's more a collective boo against the team or like I said when barkley does something wrong ( which they do to anyone ) to suggest barkley gets singled out to get boo'd is just nonsense, I might not be able to hear the whole crowd but I can hear them when the ross barkley diamond song gets sang EVERY single game, or when he gets a standing ovation if he goes of EVERY time.

He's had Ross Barkley ear-marked as a replacement for some time now, but after a recent meeting with Barkley's representatives in London I'm told Spurs aren't as convinced as they were. Watch this space.....

Is that the first time anyone of note has confirmed he has talked to other clubs?

....strong assumption that his agent has been talking but it's the first meeting that I've seen mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back