Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barkley really wants to leave because he can't cope with a few groans when he gives the ball away, then he either needs to ship himself out ASAP or grow a set of balls and learn to live with it.

IF it is part of the reason (none of us really know) then he will need to become mentally stronger but at the same times its very easy for us to sit at home and say 'man up', we're not the ones getting abuse hurled at us on a public stage. Not everyones the same. If I felt I was getting unfairly targeted id be pissed as well, we all would.

IF it is part of the reason (none of us really know) then he will need to become mentally stronger but at the same times its very easy for us to sit at home and say 'man up', we're not the ones getting abuse hurled at us on a public stage. Not everyones the same. If I felt I was getting unfairly targeted id be pissed as well, we all would.

And then you would go home to your big gold house and really not be bothered at all.

It's not "others", It's every club on the planet

What do you think people watching a sport do when someone cocks up? Claps ffs

You've missed the point. Carry on.

The entire argument is about him getting treated unfairly relative to other players in our squad.

Do you have a boo/moan per min for the squad so we can see who's the most abused

No, but whoscored and squawka should defo start tracking that.

And then you would go home to your big gold house and really not be bothered at all.

Is what we like to think but that's most likely not the case. It's pretty naive to think a bigger bank balance makes you immune to criticism or somehow offsets someones mental fragility.

Last edited:

I said on here years ago, if we keep giving him dogs abuse, he will go. I remember watching him and jags one match,both started well but,one slip up and the fans are on their case,you can literally see their heads drop.

Some of our fans think they look like super fans giving it to our players, in reality you look like utter t1ts and your behaviour spreads and can only be a bad thing. No player reacted well to getting grief.

Ross is (was) one of us,he was a young lad in a very bad run of form under a manager who nearly destroyed all our players. What do his fellow blues do......? Get on his back from the off, and continue for 90 mins.

As I said, you could literally see his head drop.

I hope he goes somewhere and plays with confidence and enjoys it, some of our fans don't deserve quality young players with a bit to learn.

There's no doubt Barkley gets more stick.

Even at the last game, groans when Barkley made one mistake - not one sound when Davies made two.

Not saying Davies deserves stick obviously - the point is that Barkley doesn't. He's unfairly targeted because of his style of play. It's ridiculous.

I'll admit to getting frustrated more when Ross makes a mistake than say, Gueye.

But... That's because I know what Ross is capable of. When we're in that final third and we're struggling to get through - he's the one I want on the ball - so when he cocks up a simple yard pass it's bloody annoying.

But I do agree with the principle.

I don't think that's anything to do with him not signing a new contract (yet) though.

Definitely won't be getting any abuse at Spurs mate. They're certain to have a nice comfy cotton wool bed made for him upon arrival.
Exactly!
Like he would get less criticism somewhere else? If anything, I think the moan count stats might increase, as then he would have a price tag to live up to, as well as "The Next Bazza!" reputation packed in his luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back