Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please don't start with this. Davies is an 18 year old child who has played about 12 first team games. Why don't you compare the groans when Barkley makes a mistake to those when it's say, Lukaku who makes a mistake?

Ok sound - Barkley gets it ten times worse than Lukaku. Not sure what your point is, as Barkley has had the boo boy treatment since his second season.

Ok sound - Barkley gets it ten times worse than Lukaku. Not sure what your point is, as Barkley has had the boo boy treatment since his second season.

No he doesn't mate, he really doesn't. As said, people don't notice it as much when it's Lukaku because he's not "ONE OV UZ", it doesn't cut as deep when he gets criticised.

No one "boos" Ross Barkley. No one inside Goodison Park has gone "BOOOOOO" when hearing his name read out or when he's walked over to them.

No he doesn't mate, he really doesn't. As said, people don't notice it as much when it's Lukaku because he's not "ONE OV UZ", it doesn't cut as deep when he gets criticised.

No one "boos" Ross Barkley. No one inside Goodison Park has gone "BOOOOOO" when hearing his name read out or when he's walked over to them.

We're just going to have to disagree mate, because I've been to nearly every home game this season, and he clearly gets more abuse than any other. I've sat in two of the stands and seen/heard the same thing. It's not "booing"; it's pure bile lobbed at him. No other player gets it quite the same way.

Hell, he gets more abuse on here than any other player.

Or Jags/Robles/Sket

Fact is everyone is moaned at after a mistake, Barkley gets more because he's an attacking mid and will make more mistakes due to his position

The only player who doesn't get a moan and groan Is Kone, I have honestly heard most fans just laugh because they expect it.

I can't remember any player being singled out and being booed, although the video in the tunnel at Wembley last year showed Ross thinking he was getting booed.

...I don't get any of this can't moan at players posts. I go the match and don't shout anything except chat with who I'm with but it's natural that fans groan with a misplaced pass, missed chance or caught in possession etc. It's just as natural that fans applaud when a player does something good.

If Barkley wants to leave it's not because fans moan at him. A football ground would be a strange place if folk only clapped and cheered.

You're allowed to do what you want - I'm fairly sure I've posted regularly exactly that; people should go the game to express opinions and be passionate, otherwise Goodison is a morgue.

However, the point here is that Barkley gets it in the neck from a sizeable portion of our fanbase for mistakes that would be met with a minor groan if other players did it.

It's not "others", It's every club on the planet

What do you think people watching a sport do when someone cocks up? Claps ffs

And it ain't just the fans.

You can see the players gesturing in frustration when one of their colleagues picks the wrong pass or mishits the right one after they have taken up good positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back