Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he doesn't mate, he really doesn't. As said, people don't notice it as much when it's Lukaku because he's not "ONE OV UZ", it doesn't cut as deep when he gets criticised.

No one "boos" Ross Barkley. No one inside Goodison Park has gone "BOOOOOO" when hearing his name read out or when he's walked over to them.

Never in my experience.

Yes, there is a collective groan from thousands of people when Ross, or any other player, makes a mistake and a move breaks down but that ain't tantamount to booing.

No, sir.

Tubey, you're talking bollocks mate. As others have said, Barkley gets the groans because he makes most misplaced passes, loses his man most often, ducks most out of tackles etc etc. And it is groaning, not abuse or booing. Any regular matchgoer who's not shown exasperation at Barkley at any time in recent seasons must have the patience of a saint.

I love the guy. Many others do. It's one reason why he's the only current player with a song dedicated to him. But I've recently sat back and tried to think objectively and fairly about his merits and deficiencies. And, sorry to say, I've concluded that we need someone better.

We're just going to have to disagree mate, because I've been to nearly every home game this season, and he clearly gets more abuse than any other. I've sat in two of the stands and seen/heard the same thing. It's not "booing"; it's pure bile lobbed at him. No other player gets it quite the same way.

Hell, he gets more abuse on here than any other player.

I've been to every single game as well mate. I can tell you players have been getting stick long before Ross turned up and will continue long after he's gone. It's football.

How can you honestly say he gets more "abuse" on here than anyone else? Have you not been in the Robles, Barry, Cleverley, Jagielka, Baines, McCarthy, Stekelenburg, Kone, Niasse and Williams threads?

He isn't going anywhere. His monologue for the kit unveil shows he will die with this club. I would be completely shocked if he left.

Ross is a blue.

First off, it was a script he read off.

Second, he had to be on it, because if he wasn't and every single other local lad in and around the first team was, it'd be astonishing while he's under contract.

That said, I think you're right, but he'll stay for practical reasons - he can't go to a club better than us for his development right now; European football, first team football, world cup year; he'd be mad to leave.

First off, it was a script he read off.

Second, he had to be on it, because if he wasn't and every single other local lad in and around the first team was, it'd be astonishing while he's under contract.

That said, I think you're right, but he'll stay for practical reasons - he can't go to a club better than us for his development right now; European football, first team football, world cup year; he'd be mad to leave.

I was just being hopeful but seriously he should stay. Be mad not to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back