Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Keys said Spurs were really keen but after Barkleys agent met with Levy, their interest cooled. Probably as his agent wanted more than Kane/Eriksen and Alli are on.

Richard Keys said Spurs were really keen but after Barkleys agent met with Levy, their interest cooled. Probably as his agent wanted more than Kane/Eriksen and Alli are on.

Yeah which i think is the reason he didnt sign for us, because we didnt offer that much, but he isnt worth it, needs to understand that, he is a decent player but not at that level and I dont think he ever will be

Yeah which i think is the reason he didnt sign for us, because we didnt offer that much, but he isnt worth it, needs to understand that, he is a decent player but not at that level and I dont think he ever will be

Players always get 'rewarded' nowdays if they have a great season. If Ross signs a new deal now on £100k then has the season of his life aand is up for POTS etc then he will no doubt be 'rewarded' at the end of the season with a payrise. Players sign new deals nearly every year/year and a half now.

Just reading other views on Ross on other forums, he certainly divides Evertonian opinions.

This really needs sorting out ASAP, I am starting to think that whilst the club have done the right thing in telling there has been a contract on the table, saying he will be sold of he does not sign it by the end of this week didn't really need saying, it has just added pressure to the situation.

Tubey, you're talking bollocks mate. As others have said, Barkley gets the groans because he makes most misplaced passes, loses his man most often, ducks most out of tackles etc etc. And it is groaning, not abuse or booing. Any regular matchgoer who's not shown exasperation at Barkley at any time in recent seasons must have the patience of a saint.

I love the guy. Many others do. It's one reason why he's the only current player with a song dedicated to him. But I've recently sat back and tried to think objectively and fairly about his merits and deficiencies. And, sorry to say, I've concluded that we need someone better.

He doesn't just get more stick, he gets it more vociferously than any other player at the club. You are lying to yourself if you say otherwise - I can safely say that because I've witnessed it first hand. Yes, it's borne from frustration, but it doesn't excuse it.

As said, if, say, Gana misplaces a pass or gets caught in possession, there's a light groan or a roll of the eyes. If he does it three times in five minutes, maybe a bit of a vocal grumble. Barkley does it once and people are groaning like the world just ended.

You are entitled to your opinion on him, that's fine - but I'm certainly not "talking bollocks" about his treatment from certain segments of our fanbase, and I believe it is purely linked to his style of play. The bold line above says it all; he's not an all-action headless chicken runner of a player, and because of that he gets slated.

As for "makes most misplaced passes" - his pass completion rate is on par with anyone else in the team, and he has a higher completion rate than Dele Alli. Again, symptomatic of what people think Barkley does, and what actually is the case.

Spurs pay extremely low wages for a top 4 club
People have said their wages are boosted by bonuses etc but the official basic wages are extremely low
Ali 50k
Walker 45k
Alderwield 60k
According to the papers and Sky a few of their players are knocking on Levy's door looking for rises
With the new stadium to pay for it's not exactly what Spurs needed

That cannot be true hahahaha, the absolute kip of him demanding more than their 3 best players over the past 3 years.

Why shouldn't he? If he has £100k on the table from Everton, Spurs should expect to beat it to land him.

If Everton put that on the table for him, he'd have signed it by now. No club in the world is going to pay him that right now, apart from the RS who pay it to the likes of Lovren and Milner.

Barkleys agent selling it to Levy:

Screenshot_20170517-094732.webp

"Think how the groans from a misplaced pass will sound in a 61 thousand seater stadium"

He doesn't just get more stick, he gets it more vociferously than any other player at the club. You are lying to yourself if you say otherwise - I can safely say that because I've witnessed it first hand. Yes, it's borne from frustration, but it doesn't excuse it.

As said, if, say, Gana misplaces a pass or gets caught in possession, there's a light groan or a roll of the eyes. If he does it three times in five minutes, maybe a bit of a vocal grumble. Barkley does it once and people are groaning like the world just ended.

You are entitled to your opinion on him, that's fine - but I'm certainly not "talking bollocks" about his treatment from certain segments of our fanbase, and I believe it is purely linked to his style of play. The bold line above says it all; he's not an all-action headless chicken runner of a player, and because of that he gets slated.

As for "makes most misplaced passes" - his pass completion rate is on par with anyone else in the team, and he has a higher completion rate than Dele Alli. Again, symptomatic of what people think Barkley does, and what actually is the case.

Spot on.

The difference in how Ross is treated is just crazy, its like he owes us something.

The lad never hides in games EVER, unlike many many players lauded on here as some kind of hero.....Arteta for one!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back