Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make what of that will of you will what but my mate knows Barkley and he said he's had enough of the booing and unwarranted abuse. At Goodison.
Wait until he signs for Spurs/City/Utd/ Arsenal and has a few poor games.
Then he will find out what real abuse is.

I don't believe any footballer makes a decision based on fans reaction..which is generally positive to Barkley anyway, the ovation last Friday was not untypical.

The reasons are money and silverware...and most importantly , a greedy agent.

I get criticism from the general public in my line of work. It's occupational hazard and everyone can do my job better than me. Being a footballer is the same but moreso. I would have thought Ross would be use to crowd reaction both positive and negative. Moving clubs isn't going to change that.

I'd imagine if it was about his development and he felt he needed to leave to further himself, then he'd have already said he wasn't signing. Unless there is little interest. It's a World Cup year so a move to any of the sides above us would see him instantly become an England regular (in the squad at least).

I've heard from a few people that he's been advised to leave the City, but that's just rumour. It's more likely about money and the direction the club are going. We do seem to be on the up, but is it quick enough for someone like Ross. He knows Lukaku will be going, we've been linked with 75m worth of signings today (paper gossip) but the likelihood is we wont spend more than sales. So you're then relying on them making the right signings.

What kind of price do we think we'd get for him? 20-30m? Someone like City could spend that with ease, sell the Pep dream to Ross, and he'd be a decent option for them and would probably do well in certain games with Jesus, Sterling and Sane in front of him with lots of movement. Not saying he'd start every game but it's a squad game these days.

tell your mate that doesn't exist to eat mud, he doesn't even get booed it's myth, he gets the odd groan when he does something wrong ( doesn't everyone ) but certainly not booed

Wrong, he gets dogs abuse.

You know how opposition players hate player at GP, as they are so close to the pitch and they can hear loads of shouts......well Ross can hear them too, Im sick of it myself.

tell your mate that doesn't exist to eat mud, he doesn't even get booed it's myth, he gets the odd groan when he does something wrong ( doesn't everyone ) but certainly not booed

No mate, you obviously don't go to Goodison. His name is read out to a chorus of BOOOOOOOO's before the game, he's pelted with missiles at every corner, anyone caught singing that diamond song is immediately pounced on and hounded out of the ground like the kopites they are. No other player gets this treatment. We are scum.

I sat in the Lower Gwladys up until this season, and to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he's sick of the touchline dads screaming instructions at him every time he gets the ball. I've never known a player to get hassled by the crowd so much, and I definitely believe that it could be distracting for him.

Much nicer up in the Top Balcony, where I'm free to harangue Lukaku over his first touch in peace.

chatting bubbles lad, where do you sit?

Unless you have the worlds greatest hearing or somehow manage to occupy every seat in the stadium I don't see how you can even begin to claim it's bubbles.

To assume that he gets no abuse simply because the tiny little section where you sit doesn't give it is ridiculous.

Even just sat at home watching a stream you can often hear people in the crowd lose the plot with him.

Why people still use goals and assists to judge players from different teams (or to judge them at all frankly) in the modern game is honestly baffling to me.

A striker with 10 goals could have been crucial in the build up to his overall teams goals than a striker with 15.

An attacking midfielder could string five passes together deep and create the opportunity for the winger to send a ball in for the striker - no assist registered, yet effectively made the goal.

It's not as black and white as some of you seem to think.

Spot on, you only need to look at Barkley, Pienaar, Arteta and even Barry as evidence of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back