Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still struggle to see who he would move to. If the post by @peteblue re contract demands is even a little bit right, no way would Spurs pay that.

Sat on the bench for 12 months? Cant see that being a great move for a player about to enter the usual prime of his earning/playing potential.

Its all dead weird.
Agree
I honestly can't see him getting into the starting 11 of any of the top 6 except for that lot across the park.
There is obviously something going on here that no body has picked up on
Has a foreign club made an approach perhaps.
With a World Cup coming up it doesn't make sense to sit on the bench and be a bit part player.
Maybe as has been stated he wants the same money that was offered to Lukaku

If you believe Koeman, Sunday. This Sunday coming I mean. I think.

If.

Tell you what mind, I wouldnt fancy being his agent when Newcastle offer him £50k a week, and £30m to us.

Which they probably wont.

But you get the point. The soft tit has been led right down the garden path by someone.

Methinks the barcodes would offer top dollar mate, they always have. They are still not used to how money works up there.

I could see them paying 140k a week for Ross.

I sincerely hope it's not brinkmanship and ROSS thinks the club will give in
I reckon has his replacement lined up for much the same fee as he'd get for ROSS and probably less wages , leaving him some leeway for other players wages

Take away the local connection - what have you got?
Sorry but that's too simplistic, my 13 yr old lad has been a ST holder for Ross's entire career, Barkley is his idol, the 1 shining light at the end of a dark tunnel when his rs mates have had a field day taking the piss. So what does it mean, well it's about pride and a local hero for the kids. This should not be understated and between the club and the player I'm sure a resolution can be achieved.

Sorry but that's too simplistic, my 13 yr old lad has been a ST holder for Ross's entire career, Barkley is his idol, the 1 shining light at the end of a dark tunnel when his rs mates have had a field day taking the piss. So what does it mean, well it's about pride and a local hero for the kids. This should not be understated and between the club and the player I'm sure a resolution can be achieved.
So would you keep a local player who may or may not be good enough, simply because they're local?

I'm not sure that's the best move. I get your point, kids love him, but is he good enough for wherever want to get to?

Yeah. Koeman and co. haven't really handled this in the most graceful manner. I think they are trying to bully him into signing by putting him in the spotlight, which judging from Barkley's passive nature, might work. I think Barkley deserves better than that.
It's the typical behaviour of a bully: identify a weak target, keep pushing him, sicken him with the unwanted attention to the point he walks away from the situation, then blame the victim himself.

A shabby trick and unbefitting of an Everton manager.

I doubt it
What if they go straight back down ( which I doubt ) but it would be a big gamble to pay any player 140 k a week in your first season up

They paid Michael Owen 110k before the TV deal really boomed. (& that was the Owen that was nowhere near the one that played for RS)

I don't think they think that they will be going down and to keep on the FSW they must have promised him lots of cash to spend. They have always had a large wage bill (higher than us) and Shelvey was on 70 to 80k depending on what source you take it from in the championship. Which I believe is higher than our largest earner.

The good thing is we don't have to wait long to see. :)

They paid Michael Owen 110k before the TV deal really boomed. (& that was the Owen that was nowhere near the one that played for RS)

I don't think they think that they will be going down and to keep on the FSW they must have promised him lots of cash to spend. They have always had a large wage bill (higher than us) and Shelvey was on 70 to 80k depending on what source you take it from in the championship. Which I believe is higher than our largest earner.

The good thing is we don't have to wait long to see. :)
I didn't know they paid crazy money
But if ROSS goes there it's a major backward step

If somebody wants to bully me into signing a 100k a week contract im available.

a) you have no idea what's being offered
b ) regardless of sums involved bullying is bullying is bullying. Something tells me that if this was Duncan Ferguson and not Ross Barkley the Dutchman would pipe down pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back