Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes, we will struggle massively to replace him. Romelu Lukaku is leading the league in goals scored as a finisher with absolutely zero creative ability. Where do the Barkley haters believe these goals come from? Ross is our entire offense.
Even with a creative player like Alexis Sanchez; do fans/pundits truly believe he is responsible for all of his goals? No, of course not. Mesuit Ozil is a world class attacking midfielder that runs the entire offense.
I absolutely hate how often we heap praise on the goal scorer when the difficult stuff is done for them and the goal is gifted on a platter.
I seriously cannot believe so many "fans" are willing jettison a lad that loves the club like Ross; and in the same breath heap praise a media darling who fancies a move to Chelsea, and a gaffer that cares about Everton only as much as it helps him get to Camp Nou.
As fans we are suppose to understand and appreciate the game, so why are we acting like a bunch of Old Trafford card board cut-outs? We are Everton fans; we are suppose to be better than this.

They don't come from Barkley mate, as far as i know I'm pretty sure he has only assisted him 3 times this season, out of interest I wonder how many times Valenica gave Lukaku an assist? I did read he has only ever assisted him 5 times but I'm not sure how accurate that is, but losing Ross wont make a jot of difference to Lukaku.
If anything watching Rom stand there pointing to where he wanted to ball, after waving his hands in the air after Ross didn't see his run and the pass he was waiting for is something I wont miss, and i guess neither will Koeman

They don't come from Barkley mate, as far as i know I'm pretty sure he has only assisted him 3 times this season, out of interest I wonder how many times Valenica gave Lukaku an assist? I did read he has only ever assisted him 5 times but I'm not sure how accurate that is, but losing Ross wont make a jot of difference to Lukaku.
If anything watching Rom stand there pointing to where he wanted to ball, after waving his hands in the air after Ross didn't see his run and the pass he was waiting for is something I wont miss, and i guess neither will Koeman
Barkley to lukaku is the most chances created combination in the league

Don't want to see him leave, but if we as a club are sincere about gaining upward momentum, then no-one be that Barkley or Lukaku should be allowed to stall that.

If you don't want to be here, then go; the club will move forward regardless.

That's usually the problem.

I read in one of the rags that he's been offered £100,000 a week but that he wants £145,000. No idea if true or not but there are some greedy barstewards out there. I mean, how's he supposed to exist on only £5Million a year......

I think it's now very obvious he's leaving. The week is up on Sunday and it would be extremely unlikely you'd leave it till the to say you've signed. I personally think his mind was made up months ago and that the club already know but that it's easier for both club and player to announce he won't stay after the final game so as less media attention

I think it's now very obvious he's leaving. The week is up on Sunday and it would be extremely unlikely you'd leave it till the to say you've signed. I personally think his mind was made up months ago and that the club already know but that it's easier for both club and player to announce he won't stay after the final game so as less media attention
If they wanted less media attraction why would big gob be mentioning it every time a reporter puts a microphone under his nose?

Sunday, May 20 - Emirates Stadium

'....and as we see 4 minutes time added on being held up by the Fourth official and with Everton facing their biggest defeat of the sea...oh, what's this? Ross Barkley appears to have pulled a biro pen from out of the top of his sock and is sprinting over to Ronald Koeman, who seems to be waving him away. In fact Koeman is shaking his head and pointing to his watch and laughing. Now this interesting!'

If they wanted less media attraction why would big gob be mentioning it every time a reporter puts a microphone under his nose?
Yeah. Koeman and co. haven't really handled this in the most graceful manner. I think they are trying to bully him into signing by putting him in the spotlight, which judging from Barkley's passive nature, might work. I think Barkley deserves better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back