Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Koeman and co. haven't really handled this in the most graceful manner. I think they are trying to bully him into signing by putting him in the spotlight, which judging from Barkley's passive nature, might work. I think Barkley deserves better than that.

I think the fans deserve better from Barkley after giving him so much support, despite him being deeply underwhelming for larges stretches of time and never excelling in any 'big' Prem games.

Baines and Coleman agreed & signed deals straight away, because their hearts are with the club.

If you still haven't 'made your mind up' after months then you've already got your answer.

I think the fans deserve better from Barkley after giving him so much support, despite him being deeply underwhelming for larges stretches of time and never excelling in any 'big' Prem games.

Baines and Coleman agreed & signed deals straight away, because their hearts are with the club.
Barkley is too young to owe anyone anything other than sorting this out as soon as possible. Is he staying or going? I wouldn't say most of the fans 'stood by him' either.

So much support? I didn't hear/see this 'support' last season and the 1st half of this season. Perhaps your definition of 'support' is different to mine.

I still struggle to see who he would move to. If the post by @peteblue re contract demands is even a little bit right, no way would Spurs pay that.

Sat on the bench for 12 months? Cant see that being a great move for a player about to enter the usual prime of his earning/playing potential.

Its all dead weird.

So much support? I didn't hear/see this 'support' last season and the 1st half of this season. Perhaps your definition of 'support' is different to mine.
Barkley is a good lad. I don't know him personally and he doesn't strike me as one of the great minds of the 21st century, but he has kept quiet and played through the nonsense. I applaud him for being ambitious, and people need to realize any big move is a risk. He is not guaranteed playing time and I think he accepts that. We as a club need to strive for champions league regardless of what happens. Good luck Ross

I'd rather Barkley stay and lukaku sold. For 70 million at least, Everton should bite the hand off any club willing to throw that money away on big rom. I think Everton suits Barkley, and he would be like a fish out of water at any other club. I think he's still improving as a player and may not reach his peak until he's about 28. Although I don't like the way he's holding the club to ransom, player power and greed is the name of the game these days, and is one of the Aspects of football gradually turning me off the game in general. No loyalty, no spirit, just all about the dough. Do these people really deserve our 'support'. I'm beginning to question why I bother.

When was the deadline?

If you believe Koeman, Sunday. This Sunday coming I mean. I think.

If.

Tell you what mind, I wouldnt fancy being his agent when Newcastle offer him £50k a week, and £30m to us.

Which they probably wont.

But you get the point. The soft tit has been led right down the garden path by someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back