Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's boss but he needs to sort his shooting out, swear he used to be more consistent in this area

...and stop standing around while the midfield plays around him, and stop standing off players as if he's afraid to tackle, and stop taking terrible free kicks, and stop taking an age to decide what to do. A nice turn and one or two nice passes are not enough.

Oh dear, mega average again - even in a position that the Hodgson haters couldn't disagree with.

The lad is a run of the mill player, as much as I wish he was world class, he just isn't.

Way hey! Ross Barkley has finally become the England target of abuse. Sterling gave the ball away that led to Spain goal.... not much said about that. Just more that Barkley should have passed more and his shooting boots weren't on...

I just wish he would grab the game and himself in general by the scruff of the neck and think, right, I am going to smash this. If he played with the same energy and determination as Mccarthy,vardy payet etc he would be out of this world, instead he ambles about, half tracking players, half making good runs, half finding great passes, less than half having great shots.

As I say to my kids when they play sport, put every last sinew of muscle and energy into what you are doing, show everyone what you can do. Make the person who is marking you or you are marking hate you cos of your work rate and attitude.

...and stop standing around while the midfield plays around him, and stop standing off players as if he's afraid to tackle, and stop taking terrible free kicks, and stop taking an age to decide what to do. A nice turn and one or two nice passes are not enough.

Yes he should have played to the standard of the other England players who were far superior. Still reckon we could get £5m for him if anyone is willing to splash that kind of money on a gash player.

Yes he should have played to the standard of the other England players who were far superior. Still reckon we could get £5m for him if anyone is willing to splash that kind of money on a gash player.

With Barkley its a case of him being able to live up to the hype created by others, and its a big weight on his shoulders. Lallana was awful last night, and Sterlings international reputation is nosediving now that his inability to beat a man fairly other than through pace is being recognised. I wonder if sometimes Barkley can cope with the expectancy placed upon him, mainly by Evertonians in need of a local hero, and latterly, due to injuries to his favourites, by Roy Hodgson. Maybe Barkley is better than some people think, but not as good as others think. Maybe he is another potential that will not be fully realised, maybe within three years he will be 'world class', but it is a fact that currently he is more miss than hit in an England shirt, although he's had a better season so far with Everton(although he's been far from exceptional...more frustrating than anything.). Rooney in ten minutes was more prominent than Barkley, Lallana, Sterling and others had been in the previous 80 minutes...but then Rooney IS 'world class' and has proved it many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back