Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of those 3 seasons he's been at the required standard for half a season yet gets to play every single game in his favoured position. He's been very lucky to have a club and managers that have given him a special status due to him being an academy player. Any other top 6 side would not have indulged this. It looks as though this is finally coming to an end with Koeman and the club valuing him at a level that he now doesn't seem to be happy with.

Ronaldo gets booed most weeks at Madrid. It's what fans do when they know a player has the talent to deliver. Does he seem bothered by it though? Do fans make excuses for him that his fragile confidence is affected by a few boos? No. If Ross can't deal with the heat then get out the kitchen, he's had enough kids gloves from Everton. I rate his talent as high as anyone but he's not backing it up with the right mentality.

Ronaldo personally requested that all he wants is not to be booed, agree with what you're saying that its part of football, but not that they don't get bothered by it. Who would like getting booed by there own fans?

Ronaldo personally requested that all he wants is not to be booed, agree with what you're saying that its part of football, but not that they don't get bothered by it. Who would like getting booed by there own fans?

If Ross performed close to his talent then there would not be a boo to be heard. Instead patience has worn thin now. After doing zero work off the ball for 2 and a half seasons you expect him to at least produce on it so when he's on his fifth feinted shot I tend to think the cries of 'just effin hit it' are more than justified.

If Ross performed close to his talent then there would not be a boo to be heard. Instead patience has worn thin now. After doing zero work off the ball for 2 and a half seasons you expect him to at least produce on it so when he's on his fifth feinted shot I tend to think the cries of 'just effin hit it' are more than justified.

I agree with you that his performances haven't been good enough, so do the many managers starting to put him aside.
Obvious talent when he's on it but too many times isn't. Just correcting you about Ronaldo not being bothered.

"makes our fans look even worse than they are"?????? Who the hell are you to sit judgement on 'our fans' ? 'Our fans' are the fans that turn out to the match week in week out in all weathers to support their team. Our fans scrape the money together each season to travel the length and breadth of this country and the continent, to sing & shout themselves hoarse in support of 'our team '. Our fans continue to support a club that has won nothing in20 odd years. Our fans in many cases come from generations of Evertonians. Yet because some disagree with your opinion you see fit to sneer at them, are you really this self - righteous and arrogant?
'Our fans' are the club, take away a player , the club goes on . Take away the fans ,the club dies. If you have a problem with 'our fans' you clearly have a problem with our club.
Sorry for the rant but that comment has really annoyed me.

Whatever lad, our fans are no better than anyone else, worse in most cases.

you still moaning about this, most go a different game to me you doesn't receive anywhere near the abuse you make out he does, the last couple of home games that he's been subbed off, he's went off to a standing ovation?

Because he played well....yet that is still denied in here and all over social media, then the same old crap is made up about how poor he is and not good enough....yet still once again being our nost creative player, again.

giphy.gif

I can't believe people still think he gets bad abuse. Imagine what Cleverley or Neville would have got if they'd let the ball roll under their foot so that the oppo could launch a counter attack and nearly score like Barkley did against Watford! He went off to a standing ovation, those two would have been going off to something entirely different. He passed the ball straight out for a goal kick from a short corner against Arsenal and some fans think that because that gets groaned at he's being bullied. If Bolasie had done that some fans on here would have spontaneously combusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back