Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understand the STCC window is March to March, so yeah the magic date passed a long time ago.

I would be open to correction on it, im sure there are lads who would know more then me on it, i thought they were season quotas could well be wrong. I suppose logically though you can only recruit in the summer and Jan. Not sure on new contracts.

I would be open to correction on it, im sure there are lads who would know more then me on it, i thought they were season quotas could well be wrong. I suppose logically though you can only recruit in the summer and Jan. Not sure on new contracts.

Again from my understand, its an accounting "test", thus it runs from the Tax year, the figures are to be submitted March.

In the Premier League, any overspend is assessed during 'T' (with all clubs required to submit projected figures for the current season by 1 March). Because the current season hasn’t yet finished, this March submission includes a forecast for the financial loss (or profit) that the club expect to make during ‘T’ (i.e. this season). This March submission, also needs to include the actual figures for profit or loss that they made in the two previous season (T-1 and T-2). Total losses are therefore assessed over three seasons (T, T-1 and T-2).

There is maximum permitted loss figure which clubs cannot exceed over the three seasons combined. This figure differs depending on whether the club owners inject equity to cover the amount of any loss. The maximum permitted loss over the three years is £105m (with only £15m permitted if the owner does not inject the equity).

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/2015-16-premier-league-profit-sustainabiltyrules

Again from my understand, its an accounting "test", thus it runs from the Tax year, the figures are to be submitted March.

In the Premier League, any overspend is assessed during 'T' (with all clubs required to submit projected figures for the current season by 1 March). Because the current season hasn’t yet finished, this March submission includes a forecast for the financial loss (or profit) that the club expect to make during ‘T’ (i.e. this season). This March submission, also needs to include the actual figures for profit or loss that they made in the two previous season (T-1 and T-2). Total losses are therefore assessed over three seasons (T, T-1 and T-2).

There is maximum permitted loss figure which clubs cannot exceed over the three seasons combined. This figure differs depending on whether the club owners inject equity to cover the amount of any loss. The maximum permitted loss over the three years is £105m (with only £15m permitted if the owner does not inject the equity).

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/2015-16-premier-league-profit-sustainabiltyrules

Seems an odd set up so you have to submit accounts in March, but can project costs untill the end of the season, so we could have potentially included expected deals for Lukaku and Barkley in this for wages. Again im not sure if im right here, im sure others will have a better understanding.

Seems an odd set up so you have to submit accounts in March, but can project costs untill the end of the season, so we could have potentially included expected deals for Lukaku and Barkley in this for wages. Again im not sure if im right here, im sure others will have a better understanding.

The thing I posted was only for the first year when it was introduced, thus the need to project costs, going forward they wont be projecting, due to it being based on a 3 year cycle.

From my very limited understanding.

I aint even gonna pretend im an expert on STCC/FFP.

Its a weird one, especially if it leaves any of the Stones money in the ether. I make us having a net spend of about 20-25 mill, based on spending 73 mill and taking in 50 mill approx. Of course increased wages on new signings will add to that, but we did a lot of trading in and out both windows.

Its a weird one, especially if it leaves the Stones money in the ether. I make us having an overhang of about 20-25 mill, based on spending 73 mill and taking in 50 mill approx. Of course increased wages on new signings would make a dent in that, but we did a lot of trading in and out both windows.

Well if my dates are indeed correct, that means we start with a clean slate, also, with it being an accounting thing, again from my understanding, the loans we sent out would still sit on our books, even if the loanee clubs paid them, thus Geri, The Clev, Niasse are still on the books, allowing us leeway with regards that. But yeah, I often consider trying to work out where we stand, but its a pretty null discussion, Geri, The Clev and Niasse will be moved on, with 1 or 2 others, if not Rom and Ross, coupled with the increased commercial revenue, hopefully Europa League, sold out Goodison, STCC will be the least of our worries this window IMHO.

Well if my dates are indeed correct, that means we start with a clean slate, also, with it being an accounting thing, again from my understanding, the loans we sent out would still sit on our books, even if the loanee clubs paid them, thus Geri, The Clev, Niasse are still on the books, allowing us leeway with regards that. But yeah, I often consider trying to work out where we stand, but its a pretty null discussion, Geri, The Clev and Niasse will be moved on, with 1 or 2 others, if not Rom and Ross, coupled with the increased commercial revenue, hopefully Europa League, sold out Goodison, STCC will be the least of our worries this window IMHO.

We basically spent 25 odd million to go from 11 to 7th in the league, likely significantly more to crack the top 4. Its impossible to have certainty on how close we got to breaking even in player trading, as you say the wages arrangements and loan fees, that can be a couple of million. Some sterling work was done in January with removing dead wood and i wouldn't underestimate the value of that in terms of cumlative wages and loan fees behind the transfer fees. All in in all you would have to say some great work has been done in recycling players not required and adding quality for the outlay.

What i would say we are in healthier place in terms of a blank canvas of a squad to be added to with the likes of Clev, Del, Gibson, Oviedao, Mcgeady etc binned.

Hard to beleive but we lost Pieannar, Osman, Howard, Hibbert all likely big earners in the last year.

The efficiency in turnover has been huge.

I personally feel Lukaku and Barkley will go so i cant see FFP being an issue at all.

Last edited:
We basically spent 25 odd million to go from 11 to 7th in the league, likely significantly more to crack the top 4. Its impossible to have certainty on how close we got to breaking even in player trading, as you say the wages arrangements and loan fees, that can be a couple of million. Some sterling work was done in January with removing dead wood and i wouldn't underestimate the value of that in terms of cumlative wages and loan fees behind the transfer fees. All in in all you would have to say some great work has been done in recycling players not required and adding quality for the outlay.

I personally feel Lukaku and Barkley will go so i cant see FFP being an issue at all.

I thought the January business was outstanding, the only thing that irked me was the lack of 1 more attacking player, but as you, the deadwood clearance really could only have been better if we binned Kone. It allows us a "clean slate", spaces in the squad and some decent cashflow leeway.

All in all, gonna be a very interesting Summer, for the whole league, the whole league is utterly minted.

I thought the January business was outstanding, the only thing that irked me was the lack of 1 more attacking player, but as you, the deadwood clearance really could only have been better if we binned Kone. It allows us a "clean slate", spaces in the squad and some decent cashflow leeway.

All in all, gonna be a very interesting Summer, for the whole league, the whole league is utterly minted.

It was great business, my take was it was Walshs influence in terms of trading and i suppose the value of a DOF. It was unbelievable to see some of the deals, to think we got almost as much for the Clev as Arteta is staggering. Hopefully this indicates the new Everton as opposed to the old.

Kone i think was hanging onto his payday for dear life. You would hope this summer we have a lot of scope in the front positions almost an entire clean slate from an attacking and creative perspective with Kone, Valenecia going and Barkley and Lukaku likely to too.

Im not sure whether this will be a good thing or a bad thing but i see us having an Arsenal next season as opposed to just two handguns in Lukaku and Barkley.

Over to you Ron.

It was great business, my take was it was Walshs influence in terms of trading and i suppose the value of a DOF. It was unbelievable to see some of the deals, to think we got almost as much for the Clev as Arteta is staggering. Hopefully this indicates the new Everton as opposed to the old.

Kone i think was hanging onto his payday for dear life. You would hope this summer we have a lot of scope in the front positions almost an entire clean slate from an attacking and creative perspective with Kone, Valenecia going and Barkley and Lukaku likely to too.

Im not sure whether this will be a good thing or a bad thing but i see us having an Arsenal next season as opposed to just two handguns in Lukaku and Barkley.

Over to you Ron.

Indeed, I think Ronny is totally NEA if both Rom and Ross go, neither fits into the way he wants us to play.

Indeed, I think Ronny is totally NEA if both Rom and Ross go, neither fits into the way he wants us to play.

Without doubt mate, i dont beleive he rates Barkley at all, never has but knows he a local lad etc and is playing it cool like Huggy bear, he has played it brilliantly and painted him as the bad greedy footballer turning his back on his home town club.

Id say he would like to keep to Lukaku, but is pragmatic about it. I think he is right too, i think Lukaku will struggle when he is not the be all and end all of play at a CL club.

I think we will come out of it loosing them both but with far more options, diversity and vairence in how we attack and a better team because of it.

...Richard Keys suggesting Barkley is struggling to find a club willing to sign him. He says Spurs are not impressed and if Everton don't get the fee they want they will be content to run down the players contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back