Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the deadwood has been shifted but there is more to go
Macca Bescic Mori Geri and those out on loan all need to be shifted on.
RK has said he's happy to work with 17/18!players and supplement this with young players.
5/6 players needed for first 11 so a lot of deadwood still has to go

I reckon Rom will stay.
RK wants to keep him and no one will pay the supposedly quoted fee.
He still has a lot to improve on and CL teams want complete players for the money we are looking for Rom
I don't he's too pushed if Barkley stays and he will gladly take 30/35 million for him.

...Richard Keys suggesting Barkley is struggling to find a club willing to sign him. He says Spurs are not impressed and if Everton don't get the fee they want they will be content to run down the players contract.
I'd advise him not to run his contract down. If he wants to leave then leave this window. Could get rather unsavory if he lets it run.

I'd advise him not to run his contract down. If he wants to leave then leave this window. Could get rather unsavory if he lets it run.

..I think the point being made is that there are a lack of clubs wanting him but if none can meet the clubs valuation, Everton are content to run his contract down. I suspect the acceptable figure will be in the region of £35m.

..I think the point being made is that there are a lack of clubs wanting him but if none can meet the clubs valuation, Everton are content to run his contract down. I suspect the acceptable figure will be in the region of £35m.

So a lack of clubs willing to spend cash on him now, but I sense it will be unlikely the clubs that he might actually like going to, ie, better than Everton, will be that arsed to sign him in 12 months time. Not as a starter anyrate.

Yet there is, I assume, a decent offer from Everton for another X years on the table.

So unless the new deal is terrible, he is being awfully advised imo.

Or have I missed something? Other than a sizeable signing on fee.

So a lack of clubs willing to spend cash on him now, but I sense it will be unlikely the clubs that he might actually like going to, ie, better than Everton, will be that arsed to sign him in 12 months time. Not as a starter anyrate.

Yet there is, I assume, a decent offer from Everton for another X years on the table.

So unless the new deal is terrible, he is being awfully advised imo.

Or have I missed something? Other than a sizeable signing on fee.

..I think that's about right, Matey. I doubt anybody knows the reasons why he wants to go but I suspect he expected a number of top clubs would want to sign him. From what Richard Keys said, Spurs are 'not impressed' and their interest has cooled. If true and there are very few suitors I wouldn't know where that leaves the player. I wonder if this might go to the wire and a club desperate for signings agree to pay a figure Everton will accept.

..I think that's about right, Matey. I doubt anybody knows the reasons why he wants to go but I suspect he expected a number of top clubs would want to sign him. From what Richard Keys said, Spurs are 'not impressed' and their interest has cooled. If true and there are very few suitors I wouldn't know where that leaves the player. I wonder if this might go to the wire and a club desperate for signings agree to pay a figure Everton will accept.
The phrase "Pissed on his chips" is springing to mind here with regards to everton.

No doubt he now wishes he'd signed months ago, and probably deep down still wants to sign, but it will be utterly humiliating for him to have to climb down and admit the best offer he received was from David Gold.

Swallow your pride Ross, stop acting the big man. Sort our your head. Knuckle down. And I will try to forgive you. But there can be no repeat of this.

No doubt he now wishes he'd signed months ago, and probably deep down still wants to sign, but it will be utterly humiliating for him to have to climb down and admit the best offer he received was from David Gold.

Swallow your pride Ross, stop acting the big man. Sort our your head. Knuckle down. And I will try to forgive you. But there can be no repeat of this.
It's mad isn't it. He's whining about needed to feel loved and like he's wanted. Everton have offered him a contract to make him one of the highest paid players in Evertons history yet he won't sign? Seems more too It. I've said before I think lukaku has gotten into his head with regards CL.

The phrase "Pissed on his chips" is springing to mind here with regards to everton.

...it's all conjecture. I think he was the centre of Martinez's Everton, praised to the hilt and given no responsibility when the other team had the football. RK wanted much more and I imagine that was difficult for Barkley. He had something to prove to Koeman who clearly thought he was some way off Martinez's estimation. These things happen when you get a new boss in any walk of life.

Barkley is like other players, they have an ego and a belief in themselves. He's probably miffed with Koeman. He's probably miffed with Southgate. He probably feels he wants to prove a point by putting himself on the market.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back