Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I think that's about right, Matey. I doubt anybody knows the reasons why he wants to go but I suspect he expected a number of top clubs would want to sign him. From what Richard Keys said, Spurs are 'not impressed' and their interest has cooled. If true and there are very few suitors I wouldn't know where that leaves the player. I wonder if this might go to the wire and a club desperate for signings agree to pay a figure Everton will accept.

Clubs may be playing down their interest due to the high fee been quoted.
Probably hoping the price will drop as September approaches

Clubs may be playing down their interest due to the high fee been quoted.
Probably hoping the price will drop as September approaches

Or playing down their interest cos they arnt interested.

Its a very strange one this. Like a few have alluded to, maybe there is stuff off field that is behind all this.

I agree
Squad player at best for the top 5 and they won't pay big money for a squad player.
Saying that Spurs bought Sissoko for 30 m and benched him.

Yeah that was a really weird one, like they bought him just to stop us getting him for some reason. They'll be extra wary not to make another signing like that again.

Yeah that was a really weird one, like they bought him just to stop us getting him for some reason. They'll be extra wary not to make another signing like that again.
It was odd wasn't it? Spurs were probably the most likely team to win the league coming into the season and they were worried about us getting Sissoko? Their top 4 bid was never under threat... It just didn't make any sense really.

I feel, had this situation happened a couple of years ago, there would be a number of top clubs queuing for his signature, just because of the potential he had.
We would probably receive offers which we would happily listen to.
Sadly for Ross, he hasn't kicked on as much as his early days promised, so clubs won't fancy taking a 'punt' on him for the price we're asking.

None of the top 6 want him or need him, genuinely.

Not sure if you have that on authority but it sounds like it, maybe you could elaborate. I have lost interest in the Barkley story but hope that whatever happens to him he gets his head down, undoubted talent but questionable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back