Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's probably more likely that he's waiting to see if Everton really are going to spend money this summer and be ambitious. That's my guess.

That wont work, day one of the window the first thing we need to do is get rid of Ross because he hasnt signed, he has the option to sign, he dosent sign, we get shut, simple as that. We cant let him hang around waiting to see what we do, unless he is worried we might be better players and he wont get a game next season, which I hope we do, if we are to be ambitious next season leaving Ross behind is step one.

Sunderland to submit a £4M bid later today

tumblr_lpffr66vZy1qzs09vo1_500.gif

Honestly, can we wait him out during the season? Seriously. Sounds crazy and risky, but if he's on 50K a week (let's just say), if we've got a deal on the table for $100K, is he willing to leave a couple million on the table to play for us for another year and leave on a free? Just seems like if no one comes calling that's giving him CL football, he would sign a deal, we'd promise him he could leave if we don't get into the CL, and agree on a lower release clause that assures him of the ability to move.

I think it's probably more likely that he's waiting to see if Everton really are going to spend money this summer and be ambitious. That's my guess.
I think it is a combination of the two. We have heard similar sentiments from Rom and Barkley regarding champions league. This is why the West Ham move is ultra unrealistic, but it looks like he is demanding more than other clubs are willing to pay. Maybe everyone is waiting to see if he leaves on a free or not? We are demanding too much money for him anyways. He only has 1 year on his deal ffs which leads me to believe that we never intended to sell him. I believe we will get this deal done and this saga will be a distant memory.

As I previously mentioned, we can only get rid of Ross if he wishes to go.

He can sit out the rest of his contract and go as a free agent, (our only strength is to force him to sit on the bench/in reserves but that would be cutting off our noses etc etc)

He can be sold with his (and his agents) agreement, or

He re-signs prior to the expiration of his current contract.

he's becoming a rep? fair play to the lad. I did it ,one summer and had a great time
My mates young lad done that a good few years ago.
He said his willie nearly fell off it was been used that much
Young ladies of questionable morals were continually seeking out his company and he was too much of a gentleman to refuse.
Back on topic Ross will sign a new contract eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back