Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait, Roscoe is better than Sigurdsson??????

Different players. Sigurdsson is the traditional number 10 who looks for the instinctual creative pass - but yes, Barkley is a Rolls Royce of a footballer that people ridiculously underrate, who basically makes a whole team tick.

And regardless of what people think, last season he was highly consistent at his game too.

Well, that should come as a shock to absolutely nobody who has a clue about football.

'kin hell how did I miss the sarcasm...

Somebody else posted this, sorry, I missed who and in what thread, but it makes for very interesting reading.

You can see Barkley there trying more vertical passes from deeper central positions while Sigurdsson is all about putting the ball in the box from out wide.

This is where Sigurdsson’s game falls down. He’s well below average at making the more difficult passes stick. Evertonians will be interested to note that Sigurdsson profiles like a poor man’s Rooney here or a very poor man’s Coutinho/Silva/Ozil/Firmino.

Barkley on the other hand is above average at making more difficult passes stick and profiles as a poor man’s Yaya Toure, or a very poor man’s Fabregas.

On top of this, over the last two years Sigurdsson’s involvement has dropped to the point where Barkley is passing the ball twice as much as the Icelander during a game.

Neither comes out as anything like the man to take Everton onwards and upwards but Barkley is a clear winner in the general passing stakes.

I was surprised by how poorly my model rates Sigurdsson’s passing. It’s one you’d want further opinions on from the video guys and the scouts in the stand.

https://differentgame.wordpress.com...out-gylfi-sigurdsson-v-ross-barkley-part-one/

@LinekersLegs @Connor @Brownie
Rather have him than not, those set plays are needed badly ours are terrible

Somebody else posted this, sorry, I missed who and in what thread, but it makes for very interesting reading.

You can see Barkley there trying more vertical passes from deeper central positions while Sigurdsson is all about putting the ball in the box from out wide.

This is where Sigurdsson’s game falls down. He’s well below average at making the more difficult passes stick. Evertonians will be interested to note that Sigurdsson profiles like a poor man’s Rooney here or a very poor man’s Coutinho/Silva/Ozil/Firmino.

Barkley on the other hand is above average at making more difficult passes stick and profiles as a poor man’s Yaya Toure, or a very poor man’s Fabregas.

On top of this, over the last two years Sigurdsson’s involvement has dropped to the point where Barkley is passing the ball twice as much as the Icelander during a game.

Neither comes out as anything like the man to take Everton onwards and upwards but Barkley is a clear winner in the general passing stakes.

I was surprised by how poorly my model rates Sigurdsson’s passing. It’s one you’d want further opinions on from the video guys and the scouts in the stand.

https://differentgame.wordpress.com...out-gylfi-sigurdsson-v-ross-barkley-part-one/

@LinekersLegs @Connor @Brownie

What you really get from that is Sigurdsson is at his peak. He's nothing really else to offer.

Ross isn't.

Ideal world, a team with Ross, Gylfi, and Klassen looks like progress. One without Ross kinda stays the same as we're now.

Ross' picture at the top of this page makes him look a little bit like John Cena

It makes me wonder if Ross does this to the England set up (I know he's been injured recently):

tumblr_n0bdh2fqTE1tp2bemo1_500.gif

Or coming back via to Anfield seen it happen with a certain Steve Mcmahon , and a young David Johnson, the fume on here when that happens!
It's called engineering a move to where you want to go when your club do not respect you anyway most blues fans would want this to be settled that he stays for us if the board can convince him to sign - it is now being done behind closed doors the correct way imo!
No ultimatums just negotiations ok!

Ross won't be sold to Liverpool. Only way he ends up there is on a free and then he'd be a monumental Jusas. But no chance of that happenning.

Ross should sign here. But he's either very foolish or taking awful advice. Personally think we should sell him now. He's had ages to show commitment to the club.

Ross won't be sold to Liverpool. Only way he ends up there is on a free and then he'd be a monumental Jusas. But no chance of that happenning.

Ross should sign here. But he's either very foolish or taking awful advice. Personally think we should sell him now. He's had ages to show commitment to the club.
We reluctantly sold a young great Steve Macmahon to Villa Liverpool had been sniffing around - the rest was history!
Same with David Johnson he went to Ipswich initially ended up over the park,
Once Ross is sold he can end up anywhere I hope he signs his contract it the days of the agents unfortunately!

We reluctantly sold a young great Steve Macmahon to Villa Liverpool had been sniffing around - the rest was history!
Same with David Johnson he went to Ipswich initially ended up over the park,
Once Ross is sold he can end up anywhere I hope he signs his contract it the days of the agents unfortunately!
MacMahon was a treacherous , greedy , snivelling, low life lump of excrement , end of.
All together now ........Oh we do like to be beside the seaside..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back