Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right you're at work in the same team - your employer offer you X amount, but you know another worker got offered Y amount - its lets say £50 a week more than you have been offered - your Union man uses this as a big lever to get you a better pay rise?
You do not take his advice out of loyalty to your firm as you have been there longer than the other guy who has had a better offer?
I take it you would be tickety boo with that wage offer??????
How would you like it if your manager went over HR department to threaten you? take it or leave it ?
It was all then all over the company you worked for?

I agree not similar circumstances, but RB has been with are club as a kid , and is an English international maybe he felt a bit upset how it was put - who knows??????
IMO Lukau and RB are our best two players!

Are you comparing football to somebody working in a factory Joey mate?

Thats your first mistake really.

And to be frank Joey, Lukaku is on 90k a week, the rumours are that Ross was offered 100k a week, which last time I checked, is more??????

With all this talk of 'ultimatum' and 'public ultimatum' I think people would benefit from re-reading these quotes by Koeman.

"It was no ultimatum. But football is a business," Koeman said. "I think the player needs to understand this, it's not an ultimatum but I spoke to Ross about a new contract and it's up to the board to get that over the line. If not then the player could see a new future for himself, but that is normal, it's not strange talk.

"At Southampton we had Clyne, he did not have a new contract and we sold him. The player has to understand that if he doesn't sign a new contract, he needs to make a decision for the club so that they know what happens next year. Ultimatum is strong, I don't like that word."
you missed the main bit he dropped him!
over him not signing his contract!
RK has a habit of losing great players look at his history!
Valencia lost the dressing room - Southampton - Mane, and Pelae

Tadic hated him as well, which is a shame as he's available for £13m and half decent.

Joey, you know why he fell out with Mane right?

Cos he was late, over and over again, if you think players should be able to come and go when they please thats up to you.

And to be frank Joey, Lukaku is on 90k a week, the rumours are that Ross was offered 100k a week, which last time I checked, is more??????
then a counter offer of 140k per week which he has refused!

I'm not surprised Barkley hasn't signed a contract. Goes missing in games, goes missing when a contract is to be signed.

Be surprised if he turned up to his own funeral.

No its a life thing mate, human nature - I stated it was different circumstances , but people on here seem to have written his contract they read the gutter media and suck it all in!

Schneiderlin has been great, everyone was poor that day, being poor is a regular thing for Barkley, especially in big games, but when he does have a good game people go OTT thinking he is great and can do it everyweek, rather then once in a blue moon.

Barkley was poor in both derbies but was one of our better players if not our best in every other game against the big teams last season.

then a counter offer of 140k per week which he has refused!

Well in that case Joey, we should defo give Ross 140k a week and then when Morgan wants 140k, we should give it to him, then when ALL the other players come in, we should give them 140k a week, cos we dont want any of the players earning less than each other now do we?

Then in 12months time, when our wage bill is 500m a week, we should just dissolve the club.

But hey, at least we paid ALL our players what they want.

Everton FC, the players club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back