Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't shown any sort of consistency since he started playing regularly
He can't grab a game by the scruff of the neck and change it
He can take any sort of criticism and ducks whenever the going gets tough
He brought the club into disrepute by getting KO'd in a nightclub.

I honestly believe he is a big part of the weak mentality that is ruining the club and we'd be better off without him. Theres better out there which won't cost us £140k p/w.

Lol, you blame Barkley for the weak mentality that has plagued the club for decades ?

Just like Lukarkus not much fuss about him ?
No one knows what's going on the deadline date RK mentioned has well been passed this should have been kept in house not the managers job to give details about contracts , and ultimatums it was his Sky match preview I watched !

Koeman needs to be backed and Ross needs to be turfed onto the next train to Euston station so he can go and "further his career" at FC Gold & Sullivan.

Public ultimatum for RB to sign by Monday - which Monday he was referring too is laudable - no,need to discuss it with Sky tv not his job it's the boards job!
Humpf.... Look Joe, it's been said 100x I agree with you that the ultimatum shouldn't have been made public but had it not been said ??? and Ross leaves for a West Ham for instance, the club would have been lynched for not trying hard enough to keep one of our own... Again!!!! This way we know he has been offered a really good contract and it's him holding this up.... Not the club. (this time)

Getting rid of him isnt going to suddenly change the entire mentality of a club, he is not playing a big part in ruining this club. Far too much blame put on Barkley for something which runs far deeper than the players.

Im not blaming Barkley, its up to him if he thinks he deserves more, Ross Barkley will do whats best for him, no problem with that me.

One does.

You mean Everton? We obviously don't want him enough to cave in to ludicrous cash demands. There are better,or at least equally good players out there that will cost a lot less. We should get him on the transfer list ASAP, and let another club deal with his lack of application and temperament.Enough is enough.

With all this talk of 'ultimatum' and 'public ultimatum' I think people would benefit from re-reading these quotes by Koeman.

"It was no ultimatum. But football is a business," Koeman said. "I think the player needs to understand this, it's not an ultimatum but I spoke to Ross about a new contract and it's up to the board to get that over the line. If not then the player could see a new future for himself, but that is normal, it's not strange talk.

"At Southampton we had Clyne, he did not have a new contract and we sold him. The player has to understand that if he doesn't sign a new contract, he needs to make a decision for the club so that they know what happens next year. Ultimatum is strong, I don't like that word."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back