Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of him isnt going to suddenly change the entire mentality of a club, he is not playing a big part in ruining this club. Far too much blame put on Barkley for something which runs far deeper than the players.
Getting rid of him gets rid of one of the weak ones, we just need to him out the rest then. It'll take a few seasons, but I think Koeman is the man to do it

Getting rid of him gets rid of one of the weak ones, we just need to him out the rest then. It'll take a few seasons, but I think Koeman is the man to do it
Yeah okay get rid of the weak one who always shows demands the ball regardless of the circumstances.

I think Schneiderlin is a cracking player but at spurs when it got tough he bottled it & hid between his two centre halves shall we sell him too

Has there ever been a reliable post about this contract he is being offered? @MorgsGoat

£100k pw has been lobbed about, but I havnt seen anything from the club, (obvs), or anyone else for that matter, that substantiates that figure. Maybe its a rubbish contract? (Doubt it, but this is just dragging and dragging).

Sommet aint right.

Yeah okay get rid of the weak one who always shows demands the ball regardless of the circumstances.

I think Schneiderlin is a cracking player but at spurs when it got tough he bottled it & hid between his two centre halves shall we sell him too
That's 1 game, Barkley has been at it for 4 seasons.

Schneiderlin has been great, everyone was poor that day, being poor is a regular thing for Barkley, especially in big games, but when he does have a good game people go OTT thinking he is great and can do it everyweek, rather then once in a blue moon.

Ross is an exciting homegrown talent. At times wonderful, at times frustrating. Everton's football under Martinez did not suit him at all, it was too slow. He was indulged and lost fitness. England and particularly Roy Hodgeson have also not helped his development through mentioning 'poor decision making' a tag he has had ever since. Once the press had that strap line he has been stuck with it ever since, however he performed. He may not quite have hit the heights we know he is capable of, but he is certainly better than the press usually give him credit for. He has been better and more consistent this season and can still improve.
I do not want him to leave, it will be a loss to the club and in my view, the wrong thing for his own development. After all he won't get much time and understanding elsewhere.
Notwithstanding all that, if he does not sign a contract then he has to go. The club can't afford to loose him for free next year. The only matter of debate becomes timing. The later we leave it, the less time we have to find a replacement. Koeman is blunt in his approach, but he has a few short weeks to sort his squad for next season and can't afford the time to indulge Barkley while he messes us around. The club are in a hurry to improve. Barkley needs to sign or go, and it needs to happen quickly!

Has there ever been a reliable post about this contract he is being offered? @MorgsGoat

£100k pw has been lobbed about, but I havnt seen anything from the club, (obvs), or anyone else for that matter, that substantiates that figure. Maybe its a rubbish contract? (Doubt it, but this is just dragging and dragging).

Sommet aint right.

As you say, nothing of any real substance, just the 100k been thrown around by the media and a few other places, nobody really knows whats going on at this point, bar the people involved.

I said last night, not a peep anywhere in any paper, they aint even linking him to jarg clubs, all very, very strange, hopefully Ronny gets back to work soon and starts chatting.

Koeman needs to be backed and Ross needs to be turfed onto the next train to Euston station so he can go and "further his career" at FC Gold & Sullivan.
Or coming back via to Anfield seen it happen with a certain Steve Mcmahon , and a young David Johnson, the fume on here when that happens!
It's called engineering a move to where you want to go when your club do not respect you anyway most blues fans would want this to be settled that he stays for us if the board can convince him to sign - it is now being done behind closed doors the correct way imo!
No ultimatums just negotiations ok!

Or coming back via to Anfield seen it happen with a certain Steve Mcmahon , and a young David Johnson, the fume on here when that happens!
It's called engineering a move to where you want to go when your club do not respect you anyway most blues fans would want this to be settled that he stays for us if the board can convince him to sign - it is now being done behind closed doors the correct way imo!
No ultimatums just negotiations ok!

Not happening Joseph.

Im baffled why you keep mentioning Lukaku Joey.

Honestly baffled.
Right you're at work in the same team - your employer offer you X amount, but you know another worker got offered Y amount - its lets say £50 a week more than you have been offered - your Union man uses this as a big lever to get you a better pay rise?
You do not take his advice out of loyalty to your firm as you have been there longer than the other guy who has had a better offer?
I take it you would be tickety boo with that wage offer??????
How would you like it if your manager went over HR department to threaten you? take it or leave it ?
It was all then all over the company you worked for?

I agree not similar circumstances, but RB has been with are club as a kid , and is an English international maybe he felt a bit upset how it was put - who knows??????
IMO Lukau and RB are our best two players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back