Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all this talk of 'ultimatum' and 'public ultimatum' I think people would benefit from re-reading these quotes by Koeman.

"It was no ultimatum. But football is a business," Koeman said. "I think the player needs to understand this, it's not an ultimatum but I spoke to Ross about a new contract and it's up to the board to get that over the line. If not then the player could see a new future for himself, but that is normal, it's not strange talk.

"At Southampton we had Clyne, he did not have a new contract and we sold him. The player has to understand that if he doesn't sign a new contract, he needs to make a decision for the club so that they know what happens next year. Ultimatum is strong, I don't like that word."

This post should be tattooed on the inside of a lot of posters' eyelids

Well in that case Joey, we should defo give Ross 140k a week and then when Morgan wants 140k, we should give it to him, then when ALL the other players come in, we should give them 140k a week, cos we dont want any of the players earning less than each other now do we?

Then in 12months time, when our wage bill is 500m a week, we should just dissolve the club.

But hey, at least we paid ALL our players what they want.

Everton FC, the players club.
You say I post rubbish - our wage bill is quite low compared to the top 5 teams - the players you mention have agreed terms - whos next to leave -Tom Davies -it sends out bad vibes Ross in a good midfield would be an asset to any club if you don't like him fair enough!
personally Ross and Lukaku are established prem players that could get in any of the top 5 sides atm!

You say I post rubbish - our wage bill is quite low compared to the top 5 teams - the players you mention have agreed terms - whos next to leave -Tom Davies -it sends out bad vibes Ross in a good midfield would be an asset to any club if you don't like him fair enough!
personally Ross and Lukaku are established prem players that could get in any of the top 5 sides atm!

Show me 1 post where ive said I dont like him?

Ive said time and time again I want Ross to stay, what I dont want is Ross and his Agent taking the piss.

What I dont like is the "poor Ross" act your spouting all over the place, im done.

you missed the main bit he dropped him!
over him not signing his contract!
RK has a habit of losing great players look at his history!
Valencia lost the dressing room - Southampton - Mane, and Pelae

He gave Barkley 32 league starts and if he was to be dropped over the contract, he would have been dropped weeks earlier when this news became prominent I think. He also brought him on after 26 minutes! Don't agree he lost the Valencia dressing room just because one player criticised him. He was their 5th manager in 3.5 years and was only there 5 months but still won them the Copa Del Rey and it's the last trophy they won!

Show me 1 post where ive said I dont like him?

Ive said time and time again I want Ross to stay, what I dont want is Ross and his Agent taking the piss.

What I dont like is the "poor Ross" act your spouting all over the place, im done.
Its been quiet for a few weeks now if you believe the media the that's up to you on RK - I am saying he fueled this hype by going public on Ross if there is a big problem keep it in house contacts are not the manager's job ok!

He gave Barkley 32 league starts and if he was to be dropped over the contract, he would have been dropped weeks earlier when this news became prominent I think. He also brought him on after 26 minutes! Don't agree he lost the Valencia dressing room just because one player criticised him. He was their 5th manager in 3.5 years and was only there 5 months but still won them the Copa Del Rey and it's the last trophy they won!
Not true the players nearly went on strike he was that good RK was sacked - I can google articles for you, but this is a Ross thread!
I stated you do contacts in house - RK on Sky ultimatums etc it bad TBH!

Last edited:

Somebody else posted this, sorry, I missed who and in what thread, but it makes for very interesting reading.

You can see Barkley there trying more vertical passes from deeper central positions while Sigurdsson is all about putting the ball in the box from out wide.

This is where Sigurdsson’s game falls down. He’s well below average at making the more difficult passes stick. Evertonians will be interested to note that Sigurdsson profiles like a poor man’s Rooney here or a very poor man’s Coutinho/Silva/Ozil/Firmino.

Barkley on the other hand is above average at making more difficult passes stick and profiles as a poor man’s Yaya Toure, or a very poor man’s Fabregas.

On top of this, over the last two years Sigurdsson’s involvement has dropped to the point where Barkley is passing the ball twice as much as the Icelander during a game.

Neither comes out as anything like the man to take Everton onwards and upwards but Barkley is a clear winner in the general passing stakes.

I was surprised by how poorly my model rates Sigurdsson’s passing. It’s one you’d want further opinions on from the video guys and the scouts in the stand.

https://differentgame.wordpress.com...out-gylfi-sigurdsson-v-ross-barkley-part-one/

@LinekersLegs @Connor @Brownie

Somebody else posted this, sorry, I missed who and in what thread, but it makes for very interesting reading.

You can see Barkley there trying more vertical passes from deeper central positions while Sigurdsson is all about putting the ball in the box from out wide.

This is where Sigurdsson’s game falls down. He’s well below average at making the more difficult passes stick. Evertonians will be interested to note that Sigurdsson profiles like a poor man’s Rooney here or a very poor man’s Coutinho/Silva/Ozil/Firmino.

Barkley on the other hand is above average at making more difficult passes stick and profiles as a poor man’s Yaya Toure, or a very poor man’s Fabregas.

On top of this, over the last two years Sigurdsson’s involvement has dropped to the point where Barkley is passing the ball twice as much as the Icelander during a game.

Neither comes out as anything like the man to take Everton onwards and upwards but Barkley is a clear winner in the general passing stakes.

I was surprised by how poorly my model rates Sigurdsson’s passing. It’s one you’d want further opinions on from the video guys and the scouts in the stand.

https://differentgame.wordpress.com...out-gylfi-sigurdsson-v-ross-barkley-part-one/

Two very good midfielders one is young the other far more mature and pricy too!
I would like them both at our club TBH!

Schneiderlin has been great, everyone was poor that day, being poor is a regular thing for Barkley, especially in big games, but when he does have a good game people go OTT thinking he is great and can do it everyweek, rather then once in a blue moon.
Did you watch that game as we had a player who played really well can you remember his name

So wait, Roscoe is better than Sigurdsson??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back