Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign a couple of goalscoring midfielders first (say, Klaassen and Siggy) he could well go right at the end of the window. If he's definitely going and we can afford to buy first before we sell (big question, I know), thats what we should do. Its a gamble because he might still be here on 1st Sept, but we'd re-coup some money before the window closes and the purchasing club wouldn't get him until after the season had started. Often happens to us that. As I say, it'd be a risky strategy.
And, I'd rather he signed a new contract and stayed. But if he wants to leave us, we don't have to play ball all the way.

Looks like he is going then.

No respect for the lad at all now. I appreciate that transfers make the money go round and the players have to do what is best for them.

But! He didn't fulfil his potential at Everton and when he finally got a proper manager who got the best out of him, but demanded hard work, he shirks the challenge and leaves because it appears he and his agent think he is worth more than he is being offered.

I would happily settle for keeping Rom and letting Ross go. Ross is a good player on his day, but far from irreplaceable or even improveable, while we would struggle to to get anyone nearly as good as Rom no matte how much we splashed out.
Agreed. Them 2 are not the best of buds, are they

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back