Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Ross has not said he wants to leave and Rom has said staying is not an option.

Also - had Chinese tonight and oddly enough the fortune cookie read:

Ross is a true blue at heart
Rom well not so much
One stays one off to chelski

Weird right? Fortune cookie haiku AND about Everton! ;)
Wow, hallucinogenic fortune cookies!

I've seen constantly what the issue with Barkley is, and I understand it - he looks around, sees Crap Option A, Crap Option B, so he looks for Decent Option C and because of the terrible movement on display most games, particularly away from home, he gets caught before he finds it.

At better clubs, he gets Option A & B and he'll play quicker and decisively. He's a hell of an intelligent footballer, regardless of his off the field IQ.

I agree totally. Lack of movement up front and very few options apart from a back or sideways pass basically nullifies his skillset. A more mobile forward(s) would see Barkley at his best.

But if its true and he has turned down 100 grand per week then he has to go.

This is a mistake binning him off for someone from Swansea to take corners.
Well he has had long enough to sign the contract. Clearly he doesn't want to be here or is just being advised badly, either way Koeman has to make plans and move on without him which he is doing. Not his fault if Barkley won't sign is it.

Dunno how Klaasen, an attacking midfielder, will get the best out of Barkley, an attacking midfielder though.

Well, Barkley was playing wide in a front three for the second half of the season and arguably had a 3 month spell where he was playing the best and most consistent football of his career here

If Barkley stayed, they could both easily function in the same team. Even if Ross played as a number 10 at times, Klassen has been playing in a midfield three with Ziyech, who was nominally the more creative player, so could presumably fit in there too

Dunno how Klaasen, an attacking midfielder, will get the best out of Barkley, an attacking midfielder though.

He's not an out an out attacking mid as he's playing straight through the middle either CM, number 10, or DM. Ziyech is Ajax's main creative player.

IF he signs, I'm sure he'd get played in a midfield three to break the forward line. Ross plays further up.

Well, Barkley was playing wide in a front three for the second half of the season and arguably had a 3 month spell where he was playing the best and most consistent football of his career here

If Barkley stayed, they could both easily function in the same team. Even if Ross played as a number 10 at times, Klassen has been playing in a midfield three with Ziyech, who was nominally the more creative player, so could presumably fit in there too

The way it's shaping up, I think Ron will want to play like he did at the start of the season where Barkley played CM and we hoofed balls to Bolasie.

I don't think he feels Ross can play there, so has looked at someone who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back