Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we consider replacing Barkley (who no matter how rubbish they are cant get into the England side) some comparative stats to consider from last season:
Key Passes: Barkley (B) 74 : 48 Klaassen (K)
Chances Created: B 82 : 57 K
Assists B 8 : 9 K
Pass Completion B 83% : 80% K
Avg Pass B 17.47m 14.06m K
Total passes B 1607 : 1297 K
total forward passes B 854 : 719 K
Successful take ons B 67 : 11 K

Just saying like. We might miss him more than we want to admit. He is vilified for not being the creative force but he is a lot more involved and a lot more forward thinking than Mr Klaassen it seems. His biggest issue is he doesn't score enough and he didn't allow us to forget we used to have Wayne Rooney.

@davek have a look at this.

As we consider replacing Barkley (who no matter how rubbish they are cant get into the England side) some comparative stats to consider from last season:

Just saying like. We might miss him more than we want to admit. He is vilified for not being the creative force but he is a lot more involved and a lot more forward thinking than Mr Klaassen it seems. His biggest issue is he doesn't score enough and he didn't allow us to forget we used to have Wayne Rooney.

Klassen will create more if given the same roll as Barkley. I think they're different players?

Siggurdson would be his replacement.

..that's a bit like comparing apples and pears. Klaassen is much more box to box than Barkley. A comparison of Barkley with Sigurdsson would be more appropriate in my opinion.

The whole saga doesnt do either side any good - it's become a divisive issue for the player, club and fans. Too many individual factors contribute to the current situation but nobody comes out of this with any real credit. To argue a case for one side sees equally persuasive comments from the other. The reality is we don't know the specifics of what has been said or indeed offered in private, nor do we know the assurances Ross requires for arguably the most important contract of his career. What we do know is there is a homegrown hugely talented Evertonian in our ranks and he is idolised by thousands.

I want him to stay and think he can be the player the early promise and the form he showed post Christmas displayed. He's a tremendous footballer, not without his weaknesses, but these are magnified and debated like no other whilst ignoring at times his attributes. The England situation has become farcical since the last World Cup, never mind not playing a minute at the Euro's and now not deemed good enough for the squad.

Time for Ross to nail his colours and break his silence. Sign and become a future captain, as he'll be here longer than the current manager if that is the source of the friction, or explain why he feels he needs to leave and develop elsewhere. I'd suggest there'll be regrets if that's the case, his great pal Stonesy followed a path that he may like to follow, but there is perhaps a lesson there and the better option is to start this World Cup season at his boyhood club, with a new contract and a cleared air approach from all sides. Let's see.

Ave. time to pick a pass: Klaassen 3 seconds : Barkley 15 minutes.

The whole saga doesnt do either side any good - it's become a divisive issue for the player, club and fans. Too many individual factors contribute to the current situation but nobody comes out of this with any real credit. To argue a case for one side sees equally persuasive comments from the other. The reality is we don't know the specifics of what has been said or indeed offered in private, nor do we know the assurances Ross requires for arguably the most important contract of his career. What we do know is there is a homegrown hugely talented Evertonian in our ranks and he is idolised by thousands.

I want him to stay and think he can be the player the early promise and the form he showed post Christmas displayed. He's a tremendous footballer, not without his weaknesses, but these are magnified and debated like no other whilst ignoring at times his attributes. The England situation has become farcical since the last World Cup, never mind not playing a minute at the Euro's and now not deemed good enough for the squad.

Time for Ross to nail his colours and break his silence. Sign and become a future captain, as he'll be here longer than the current manager if that is the source of the friction, or explain why he feels he needs to leave and develop elsewhere. I'd suggest there'll be regrets if that's the case, his great pal Stonesy followed a path that he may like to follow, but there is perhaps a lesson there and the better option is to start this World Cup season at his boyhood club, with a new contract and a cleared air approach from all sides. Let's see.

I'm passed caring now. If he stays he won't get in the team much, if he goes, he'll quickly find out what its like when he no longer has 'home grown' status, and has to earn support.

He is a striker, just that no manager has the courage to play him in his favourite position.

Sylvester-Stallone.gif

Literally if he had scored 15 goals last season and nothing else changed he would be a 50m player... I feel its only goals missing. He doesn't take the headlines. And he should be scoring them! Either not getting into the right positions or flopping his chances.. I dont know.

Well, you could say the bit in bold about almost any player.

I dont think Klaassen will be Barkley's replacement IMO. Barkley has played in a front three, you'd expect him to have created and scored more. Klassen seems to play in a classic 'centre mid' position and gets Box to box.

If Barkley goes we will see someone in the style of Siggurdsen (although im not keen) replace him, IMO.

I've said it before and ill say it again. Barkley is at his best when he doesn't have time to think about the pass or the shot. When he plays off his instinct, he's brilliant. It's when hes running into the box and has 2/3 options and time to choose he struggles.

Some very good points made there, but it looks like he's become involved in a stand off with the club.

He may have got away with it under previous managers, but I doubt Ronke will give into him.

It's a crying shame, but that's the football world of today, cash is king unfortunately.

The fact that other clubs aren't exactly jumping all over this situation speaks volumes too, imagine if Deli Alli had fallen out with Spurs over a new contract, would the likes of Arsenal, Man U, etc be sitting on their hands !

I've said it before and ill say it again. Barkley is at his best when he doesn't have time to think about the pass or the shot. When he plays off his instinct, he's brilliant. It's when hes running into the box and has 2/3 options and time to choose he struggles.

So he's a luxury, and you need strength in every other position on the field to carry his weakness and let him shine?

Jog on then Ross.

Many great creative players have drawbacks and limitations to their game, but they can still create opportunity on the attack. They don't need to be carried by the team, despite their flaws. Is that the type of player Ross can be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back