Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any of those four clubs willing to offer him much of a wedge if they're not interested in paying the transfer fee for him. Maybe I'm reading the cards wrong, but if he doesn't move in the next 60 days, they don't rate him.
This year - £25m fee plus massive signing on fee plus £150k a week wages
Next year = no fee plus massive signing on fee plus £120k a week wages

Barkley is at his best when he doesn't have time to think about the pass or the shot. When he plays off his instinct, he's brilliant.

It's a crying shame, but that's the football world of today, cash is king unfortunately.

The shame is the latter may dictate we never see the former again. Im old school...still cant get my head round how a home grown, gifted talent and, moreover, massive Evertonian could

The silence from all sides is unusual , but just for a minute consider that Ross does sign a contract with us.
We would then have Schneiderlin, Klaasen, Barkley, Gueye, Davies, McCarthy ,Besic and youngsters like Joe Williams and maybe one or two others besides.

So he's a luxury, and you need strength in every other position on the field to carry his weakness and let him shine?

Jog on then Ross.

Many great creative players have drawbacks and limitations to their game, but they can still create opportunity on the attack. They don't need to be carried by the team, despite their flaws. Is that the type of player Ross can be?

Are you going against a point or? I'm not against Ross staying, I'm hoping more competition will focus him on sharpening up his game.

Are you going against a point or? I'm not against Ross staying, I'm hoping more competition will focus him on sharpening up his game.

I'd rather him stay and improve, but I'm done with the pandering. Either he's going to be good or not; either he's going to sign or not. All of that's in his lap, he's not a boy any longer and he needs to show what he can do.

I'd rather him stay and improve, but I'm done with the pandering. Either he's going to be good or not; either he's going to sign or not. All of that's in his lap, he's not a boy any longer and he needs to show what he can do.

I'd rather he stay, improve and fight, but at the end of the day, he first came around the first team in like 2010 with the first pre-season game against Villarreal, and he hasn't progressed as much as everyone had hoped.

All transfer/contract sagas are boring but this is entering into new depths of misery. Hopefully we get an outcome soon but I won't be doing backflips either way, if he does stay one does have to wonder about his relationship with Koeman moving forwards.

The silence from all sides is unusual , but just for a minute consider that Ross does sign a contract with us.
We would then have Schneiderlin, Klaasen, Barkley, Gueye, Davies, McCarthy ,Besic and youngsters like Joe Williams and maybe one or two others besides.

Every top team has to have lots of quality midfielders mate.

If we progress in the Europa Cup, you can guarantee that most of those players if fit will be used at some point.

Plays its looking highly likely that young James will be getting shipped, so potentially take him and Barkley from that list and it doesn't look so clever anymore does it ?

I don't see any of those four clubs willing to offer him much of a wedge if they're not interested in paying the transfer fee for him. Maybe I'm reading the cards wrong, but if he doesn't move in the next 60 days, they don't rate him.

...I'm of a view that a deadline move is likely. Teams will baulk at the current valuation but will be aware of Everton's desire to sell. They will see an acquisition at a more agreeable price, particularly if they are still looking to bolster their squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back