Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because you were championing him by calling him Koemoyes. :hayee:

I doubt he'll be arsed TBH.

I beg your pardon Ian. I'm very fair towards our current boss. Decent first season. Possibly will push us on. Nothing to be overly critical of, but nothing to get extremely excited about.

Im not Wrongald Koemoyes biggest fan but he has done alright.

This doesn't need to be Davy Klassen Vs Ross Barkley

No need to pit them against one another

Ross and the manager and don't see eye to eye, and it looks like Ross might be off because of it

That happens at every football club the world over

There's no villain here

It's a frustrating and depressing situation to be sure, but there's no need to have knives out for either Ross or Koeman, or arguing the merits of other players who haven't even kicked a ball for us yet

Ross Barkley is a very good player who we'll miss if he goes. As always, we'll survive without him because that's what we do, but I do not relish an Everton without Ross Barkley on the books. It'll be a tremendously sad day for me and others who have been a fan of his for years, but these things happen in professional football

Just as David Beckham left Man United because he couldn't work with Ferguson any more, or when Mata left Chelsea under Mourinho, sometimes a manager and a player don't gel and a player moves on

Let's not turn Ross or anyone else into a villain on the way out because of this

We really are better than that lads and ladies

Let's be the best Evertonian's we can be and wish Ross well if it is indeed time for him to move on. Let's remember him in a positive way, because he's given us many happy memories, be it that goal against Newcastle, the free kick against Swansea or that cheeky celebration against Bournemouth. Ross Barkley should live forever in our hearts. Once a Blue...

If ross or his agent came out and said he was leaving as he doesnt feel the way the manager wants him to play gets the best out of him and so its best for both parties then fair enough. At the moment the only thing we know is that he has been offered a very good contract and has refused to sign it. Until clarified otherwise it would appear the stand off is over money as this is the only reason to have been reported. This being the case i am pissed off with him and think he is worse than rooney given the differerence in the clubs fortunes now.

I think he has pissed on his chips with koeman,won't be starting if he is here so I think it's the hammers for Ross.

I'd like him to stay but only for competition and a stronger squad.

I had hoped that Koeman was going to get other players in that would take his starting place in the squad anyway and I don't think he is worth 100k a week.

It's called ambition mate. Take a look at the data and tell me that I'm wrong about net spend and it's extremely close relationship to trophy success and top four spots.

If you want to be up there with the big boys then you better have the moolah to back up the brave words about getting in amongst them.

If not, just get out of the way of the PL's financial elite and stop whingeing about their successes. Simple as that. Survival of the fittest.
Everton's problem is that at the moment we are not as much a global brand as the teams above us,nowhere near at least 3 of them.Which means we don't generate anywhere near as much income as they do.we can't afford to splash the cash and hope it all works out (leeds utd).If we were to purchase lukaku today he would cost us in the region of £85,000,000 thus massively increasing our net spend, however we only paid £28,000,000 and he is almost the same player now as he was when we bought him,his scoring ratio has been pretty consistent.Its all about who you buy,not how much you spend

Everton's problem is that at the moment we are not as much a global brand as the teams above us,nowhere near at least 3 of them.Which means we don't generate anywhere near as much income as they do.we can't afford to splash the cash and hope it all works out (leeds utd).If we were to purchase lukaku today he would cost us in the region of £85,000,000 thus massively increasing our net spend, however we only paid £28,000,000 and he is almost the same player now as he was when we bought him,his scoring ratio has been pretty consistent.Its all about who you buy,not how much you spend
...and now we cant keep him because we dont invest and compete...and so it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back