Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the contract offered will be a good one, is it the prospect that he may not be an automatic choice as he was with RM that is giving him doubts, RK did say he would be bringing in competition for his place even if he decided to stay

It is quite a brutal world in football. You either fit with a manager or you do not. I do not think that we can afford to carry passengers in our starting 11 and from time to time, this describes Ross. The question that we have to answer is for all the times he is brilliant, are the times he is poor worth carrying him? The ratio of brilliant to poor is about 1:5, certainly in home games last season.

I can understand Koeman wanting a more consistent player and anyway I do not get a choice, only the manager does.

I still think his agent is advising him to wait. All this news of incoming players, they will want to see what the club are paying the new players before committing to an amount to go for. Also, to see what offers come along, if the tugboaters are prepared to pay £120k a week, surely they'd give EFC the chance to match it. He has nothing to gain by signing quickly from what I see.

I still think his agent is advising him to wait. All this news of incoming players, they will want to see what the club are paying the new players before committing to an amount to go for. Also, to see what offers come along, if the tugboaters are prepared to pay £120k a week, surely they'd give EFC the chance to match it. He has nothing to gain by signing quickly from what I see.
That could really back fire on him, if we get in 2 or 3 more quality midfield players then it could be a take it or leave it offer as we don't need him anymore

WEll he obviously hasn't found another club to match that offer. Nor will he.
The most linked club is Spurs and they have a wage cap and no way is he going to their top pay level which is apparently around 100k.

It's actually admirabe if he goes elsewhere for less money in the modern game, but I want him to stay, only if he wants to stay, if he wants to leave then I'm not arsed, he will surely be away that Koeman and his team got his best 6 months out of him (since early Decemeber) and that he is fitter than he has ever been, for a period he was controling our games from start to finish.

Its between Ross , and the club hope he stays if he goes its a sad moment for our youth policy who's next Tom Davies?????
Wow, what a load of crap this is. Everton have nursed this player back from a career ending injury, given him the chance to play for his boyhood club almost 200 times, he's got international recognition and his most likely destination, if the rumours are to be believed are one of the most progressive clubs in Europe (Spurs) and you think that shines a bad light on our club?

He has been here since a kid, he's given 4-5 years top flight service, he's had a couple of seasons completely wasted. Maybe he just feels its time for a change.

Wow, what a load of crap this is. Everton have nursed this player back from a career ending injury, given him the chance to play for his boyhood club almost 200 times, he's got international recognition and his most likely destination, if the rumours are to be believed are one of the most progressive clubs in Europe (Spurs) and you think that shines a bad light on our club?

He has been here since a kid, he's given 4-5 years top flight service, he's had a couple of seasons completely wasted. Maybe he just feels its time for a change.
Maybe he feels undervalued?
It's guess work he is being condemned unfairly imo!

Really Ross has Prem experience he has not had a signing on fee etc the deal has not been done discussions ongoing I hope he signs tbh!

Players get signing on fees when they sign new contracts, not just when they get transferred. What's the 'etc'?

Its between Ross , and the club hope he stays if he goes its a sad moment for our youth policy who's next Tom Davies?????

Joey the club have offered him a contract = we still want him. Ross hasn't signed that contract we have offered him. A simple 'YES' from Ross means he stays. The ball is firmly with Ross. I hope he stays as do Everton. Meantime, we are searching for players and the longer Ross is unsigned the more chance he will find himself replaced and the contract offer pulled off the table.

Maybe he feels undervalued?
It's guess work he is being condemned unfairly imo!
It is indeed guesswork, but in the past few days your guess work has led to suggestions that he's being bullied, he feels undervalued and that we aren't offering a big enough contract (when the rumours are it 100k pw)

I think you're being a touch harsh on the club and/or you're trying to use this issue to dig out the manager, which IMO is a poor do, Ross isn't a pawn.

I'm going to be LOLing at all this crap when he signs that new contract.

Joey the club have offered him a contract = we still want him. Ross hasn't signed that contract we have offered him. A simple 'YES' from Ross means he stays. The ball is firmly with Ross. I hope he stays as do Everton. Meantime, we are searching for players and the longer Ross is unsigned the more chance he will find himself replaced and the contract offer pulled off the table.
offered or given ultimatums by someone who should not get involved in the contract department in RK it's been badly handled imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back