Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see him up there and think 'man, i REALLY don't want him to go'. Then I see it's almost July and he STILL hasn't signed a contract and think to myself "man, what boyhood blue would want to leave at THIS point?".

It's all rather confusing...

Spurs annonce they will wait till deadline day for a knock down price sky news announces!
Typical Daniel Levie - I hope Ross sees sense no way will he get a game there anyway
Can't be that bright if sky sports are reporting it, kinda defeats the object

I love that Nigerians claim him as their own. Up yours Kelvin.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23504

Ross Barkley may break the transfer record for a player of Nigerian descent based on the recent valuation of the midfielder by Premier League side Everton.

Everton have informed interested clubs they need to splash out fifty million pounds (approximately N23 billion) to sign him in the summer transfer window.

Manchester City spent in the region of £25 million to buy Emmanuel Adebayor from Arsenal in the summer of 2009, and that figure remains the most expensive transfer involving a player of Nigerian descent to this day.

Barkley, 23, will enter the final twelve months of his contract on July 1, and has rejected advances to put pen to paper on a new long-term deal.

Media reports have linked the attacking midfielder to Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

If he isn't going to sign and Spurs are content to wait until deadline day then hopefully some desperate clubs (barcodes or West Ham I'm looking at you) come in with big money to appease their cry-arse fan bases.

Hows he a mercenary ? He's seemingly turned down a big money contract because he wants out. He'll almost certainly get paid less at Spurs if that move ever happens.

He's pretty much behaving the opposite to a mercenary.

Have always said the same myself mate. Ross and Koeman obviously don't get on, so he's probably thought to get his career back on track he needs to move on.

Not for long unless they stop taking the piss and give him what he and his agent think is a fair contract.

Hes been offered a contract that would make him the highest paid player in our History, I think thats pretty fair.

If the amount isnt suitable, well then I guess he needs to find a club who pays bigger wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back