Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have i mentioned how much it annoys me to see him play further back then Barry and Cleverly for the majority of a match ?

Comes all the way back to CB positions to collect the ball, whats the point ? No offence but anyone can do that, leave it to Barry or Cleverly and get Ross with the ball further up the field. I hate this defensive midfield role he sometimes get given, turns him into Rodwell for 90 mins.

He had to drop deep to be fair, the service was not there in the second half.

But for those slating him, everything good in the first half came from him.

Not his best game but i actually thought he was very impressive in the first half. He played deeper and controlled the tempo of our play excellently. In the second half he tired quickly, but this was also to do with him and Rom being well-marshalled by Norwich's defence. Keep it up, Ross.

I've always backed Ross
Even last season when he was getting a lot of stick on here

And I've always felt you won't see Ross at his best until he's 24/25 and got 250 starts and say 100 in his right position

When you look at Kane or lukaku they play in one position every week
Same as geri who plays on the right 9 times out of 10
Deli Ali plays centre mid
And even sterling plays high up the pitch in an attacking position whether it's right left or centre

While Ross has played all over the place
It seemed against palace he was playing off to the left
And Norwich he played deeper like a few have said

Not his best game Saturday but
Don't think he was a bad as some are saying
Let's keep the faith the lad is going to get better and better

have people not clicked on that we arent playing him as a number 10 anymore and havent all season?
we are playing 3 in midfield with barkley and mccarthy/cleverly just infront of barry in a sort of V shape with barkley slightly to the left of it
i think martinez seen that last year barkley was crowded out when he was too far up the pitch and has done the right thing by moving him back so he can influence the game more
id like to see more driving runs from him from midfield
havin a good season though

[QUOTE="mitchell1996, post: 4041520, member: 34212"]have people not clicked on that we arent playing him as a number 10 anymore and havent all season?
we are playing 3 in midfield with barkley and mccarthy/cleverly just infront of barry in a sort of V shape with barkley slightly to the left of it
i think martinez seen that last year barkley was crowded out when he was too far up the pitch and has done the right thing by moving him back so he can influence the game more
id like to see more driving runs from him from midfield
havin a good season though[/QUOTE]

no, im pretty stupid tho

He should of cleared it properly off the line. The dope
Know one to blame really it was just unlucky
As Ross would have cleared easily had Howard not got his finger tips to it and forced to ball on to Ross's leg so the ball just fell kindly for them
No Blame to Howard either just one of those things

I've always backed Ross
Even last season when he was getting a lot of stick on here

And I've always felt you won't see Ross at his best until he's 24/25 and got 250 starts and say 100 in his right position

When you look at Kane or lukaku they play in one position every week
Same as geri who plays on the right 9 times out of 10
Deli Ali plays centre mid
And even sterling plays high up the pitch in an attacking position whether it's right left or centre

While Ross has played all over the place
It seemed against palace he was playing off to the left
And Norwich he played deeper like a few have said

Not his best game Saturday but
Don't think he was a bad as some are saying
Let's keep the faith the lad is going to get better and better

I kept waiting for this to start rhyming...let down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back