Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was only taken off as a precaution for his booking and also to keep him fresh for tomorrow. Otherwise he was looking like our most dangerous player.

Please score a screamer against Stoke, Ross.

Watched a different game to me. Thought he ran the game and hit some lovely passes. If he keeps developing at this rate the sky is the limit for the lad. Compare him to someone like lampard at the same age and Barkley is way ahead of him in every department.
Just wanna make it clear i'm not trying to knock the lad - he's definitely proven to me and many others he is more than capable, but I just found us against Newcastle trying to break quickly and it just not happening. That's also to do with where are our other players are positioned though to be fair, i.e. is their even anyone for Barkley to play the ball quickly to in space.

its an absolute pleasure to watch this kid play

stay forever please

that ball to Mirallas last week, that first time pass to Rom against Villa. and then just every little perfect first touch and turn, or burst in to space. Magic. Getting better with every game. He talked after HKs funeral about winning trophies with us and I am certain he will do.

Funny how some people are singing his praises after yesterday and others saying he was poor. Not for the first time this season

....chuffed with his consistency and application this season. This time last year we played Stoke at home and he was dreadful, appearing more interested in his sore nose than putting an effort in. Keep it going and finally realise the potential. Great stuff.

....chuffed with his consistency and application this season. This time last year we played Stoke at home and he was dreadful, appearing more interested in his sore nose than putting an effort in. Keep it going and finally realise the potential. Great stuff.
That's harsh. Pretty sure he got a hefty blow and was bleeding heavily.

That's harsh. Pretty sure he got a hefty blow and was bleeding heavily.

.....a sore nose didn't stop him from running. We were getting beat and I wanted to see attitude from him but it wasn't there. I watched Sheedy, Gray and Sharp on Sky the other day talking about 1985 (well worth a watch if you can get it). Early in the game against Bayern, Gray said a midfielder went over the top on Peter Reid resulting in a 2 inch hole in his shin. He filled the hole with cotton wool and didn't get it stitched until after the game.

The improvement in Barkley is great, he looks much more the complete player and I'm chuffed with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back