Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love watching him run with the ball.... Looking like he's jogging .. But the player he is leaving behind is at full speed and pulling all the weird faces in the world trying to catch him

He's been up there competing for best player on the team this season IMO. He's not totally embarrassing people, but he's running the show with absolute ease. And tracking back. And....bossing everything. And that first shot would have gone in if not for the deflection.

I hate stoke...

He's been up there competing for best player on the team this season IMO. He's not totally embarrassing people, but he's running the show with absolute ease. And tracking back. And....bossing everything. And that first shot would have gone in if not for the deflection.

I hate stoke...

Except he can't defend anything. He is so poor in the air and gets beat with ease on the ground.

Love Ross...but just as with many other players in the side, they are young and still learning.

Except he can't defend anything. He is so poor in the air and gets beat with ease on the ground.

Love Ross...but just as with many other players in the side, they are young and still learning.

Dunno, according to this

We can see from his stats that Barkley is certainly not a defensive midfielder in his nature, but he is also not afraid to stick in for the team, challenge others for the ball and he is not shy of duels. The Toffees player has contributed to the defensive effort with 1.18 tackles won every game, not a bad number for a central midfielder but he is behind Pogba (2.19), Verratti (2.01) and Kramer (2.52) in this aspect of the game.

On the other hand, he is quite prolific in his challenges, winning 1.26 aerial duels, which is almost as much as Kramer (1.29) with Pogba leading the way (1.79). He is also successful in 51.61% of duels, which is understandable given his physical stature. Only Pogba (65.85%) has a higher success rate. As previously mentioned, Barkley has great distribution and a sharp eye for a correct pass once he wins the ball back, usually to set up a quick counter. His 89% pass completion is second best only to Verratti who has a remarkable 92% completion.

From Jan 2015. Bit harsh to say he is 'poor' - he also does everything better than Cleverley, for whom he was dropped deep for when he came on.

http://eplindex.com/64396/ross-barkley-englands-diamond-rough-world-class-potential.html

Our best player in the first half.

So naturally Bobby decides to put him in defensive mid for no reason whatsoever for the second.

OK then.

He does that when Cleverley is on the pitch and it works for me. I much prefer seeing him with the game in front of him rather than his back to goal.

One of the positives of the season. He's now showing consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back