Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another day Ross puts Rom in and we probably win. The fact his final ball has improved ten fold is highly encouraging for me anyway, im sure he and Roberto know it needs work. But i still see him as a Number 8 rather than a Number 10

absolutely LOLing at the media creaming themselves at alli because he scooped one into the net, ross is approximately 5 million times the player, any blue who doesn't rate him should commit hari kari instantly

Absolutely.

Alle is young and inform but nowhere near the hype he's getting. He's playing with no fear, a bad sign when he's pulled back and told to learn a position.

Barkley dictates games. Orchestrates attacks. Collects the ball deep. Moves play.

He's also consistant.

On another day Ross puts Rom in and we probably win. The fact his final ball has improved ten fold is highly encouraging for me anyway, im sure he and Roberto know it needs work. But i still see him as a Number 8 rather than a Number 10

My guess is brown shoes still sees him as a No 10 but for me at least he does not stamp his authority on the game as a NO 8.

absolutely LOLing at the media creaming themselves at alli because he scooped one into the net, ross is approximately 5 million times the player, any blue who doesn't rate him should commit hari kari instantly
To be fair Alli is more of a team player than Barkley. He suits himself to the high energy, all action pressing game of Pocchettino.
Barkley always played like he wanted to be the star of the show, but he's learning the benefits of teamwork real fast. His final ball still need work though.

Absolutely.

Alle is young and inform but nowhere near the hype he's getting. He's playing with no fear, a bad sign when he's pulled back and told to learn a position.

Barkley dictates games. Orchestrates attacks. Collects the ball deep. Moves play.

He's also consistant.
It's great watching him develop, and constantly getting better at these things, he will be completely running games soon enough, I think he likes having besic and gerry on the pitch as well, he can be the fulcrum when he has players like that around him

Eric Dier is better than Deli Ali imo, he Is more key to that team....neither are anywhere near what Ross is doing.

To be fair Alli is more of a team player than Barkley. He suits himself to the high energy, all action pressing game of Pocchettino.
Barkley always played like he wanted to be the star of the show, but he's learning the benefits of teamwork real fast. His final ball still need work though.

Maybe so in first season but the past two seasons he's needed to show more that he's the star of the show, he's gone the complete other direction now and needs to get some greed and dazzling moments back into his game.

I saw Alli playing for MK Dons vrs United last year and he was playing in the deeper roll and he looked excellent.
I think Alli will ptogress into a Brian Robson/Roy Keane type of player eventualy when he has to learn a position.
While Ross is more a Gazza type player

We all thought Barkley's first full season under Martinez was brilliant, he's performing to a much better and higher level than that this Season IMO.

My only slight critisism of Ross is that he holds onto the ball a little too long at times instead of making the quick pass.

Don't misunderstand me though, I am aware he gets closed down a lot and often has 2 men going towards him, which forces him to twist and turn and look for other channels in which to release the ball.

I just think sometimes he over eggs the pudding. Other than that he is rather marvellous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back